Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Way Electricity Runs In A Wire

Comments

• @ssd510
    I know I wrote a reply to your post! But occasionally my posts get swallowed up into the aether!

Ivor Catt provides experimental evidence that Oliver Heaviside was onto a correct model of electric current so called.
    Essentially current is a mistaken analogy. Ivor uses a more technical description called aTEM step wave, a kind of infinitesimally thin slice of energy in space that surrounds a pair of conducting/ wave guiding wires.

His Catt questions have generated theoretical confusion among the so called experts.
    However Ivor is meticulous and so does not make unsupported claims or hypotheses . I do !

Thus I have discussed with him about the battery ( the voltaic cell) and the rotation of the step wave around the conductor, both of which he states are beyond his theoretical and empirical position .

My guess therefore is that rotating vortex waves are what we are best using as models. Consequently frequency and amplitude become synonymous with descriptions of " electromagnetic" behaviours. That is radio frequencies for example in laymens terms.

The impedance , capacitance and inductance therefore are only ratios in that specific transmission line scenario.

It gets technical only because it gets mathematical, not because the phenomenon is difficult to apprehend!
    If a signal is split around a uniform ring, the signals should symmetrically blance each other or destructively interfere within the ring. The ring will be as if it was just a straight conductor.
    Surprising to many Ampere did a related experiment to demonstrate this during his initial experimental study of Örsteds findings, he used a sinusoidal wire in parcel with a straight one.

The moving magnet provides additional vorticular waves into the mix and we generate the. Lm
    Lex wave phenomenon we identify as electric current in doing so. However a steady state ortex is more often described as electro static!

You can see how Ampere struggled to distinguish his finding from common thought . Hence he coined the phrase electro dynamic . This was to say magnetism is a dynamic process involving magnetic currents in circuits! And that it is of course reciprocal.

He was not able to boldly say that electro is a prefix for a specific type of magnetic behaviour because he was not investigating the cause of electricity butthe cause of magnetic behaviour. His supposition therefore does not exclude magnetism as a general concept if cause. He was pecificity to the circuitous nature of the cause of magnetism , he assumed magnetic bundles were circulating, as did Gilbert , but that these bundles themselves had structure! There was a circuit within each bundle! Today we recognise this as scale free Fractal topology in material and phenomenological structure.

What we still find hard to accept is that these are models,not truths about reality . As models they are more or less helpful in explaining observed behaviours or uncovering hidden aspects of what we are observing.

The longitudinal wave form that is found in ll vortex formations is only now bring correctly modelled. Early theorists argued against combining the two while researchers believed that both must be included! Sound waves for example do have a transverse wave fiorm! Most of us oldies were taught that it I'd not !!
  • @Jehovajah

I appreciate your response (the original and the new) to my questions and I continue looking forward to your contributions. Apologies for not always replying, sometimes this theory is a lot to comprehend and I cannot say anything that would do justice to your words. For your reference, if it makes any kind of difference, my background is in engineering (mechanical and digital design). From my training I was never taught to reconsider physical models, only to apply the right ones to the appropriate systems. So, these types of considerations are very new to me and so it takes me some time. That beings said, I'm very happy to consider these theories. The act of considering them is a good exercise in itself. My hope, ultimately (I'm still pretty young) is to synthesize novel engineerable theory... someday.

Anyway... From what I understand; you're saying that a signal source creates a vorticular emanation (geometries varying with signal properties) that current models decompose into components (transverse, longitudinal, [perhaps others? ]). That sounds pretty interesting! If this is the case then a signal can be shown to contain this geometry on a 3d oscilloscope? Am i close?

• Billy here shows a result that hitherto I thought was only demonstrable by magnetised iron particles or magnetised needles!

The concept of magnetic behaviours is undergoing tremendous revision. However it is very much a continuation ofbŌrsted- Ampere ground breaking work, based on modified Gilbertian theory. Faradys contribution I not insignificant but it is part of a larger movement of natural philosophers who did not wish to destroy the old wisdom.
    Electric phenomena however became so popular that researchers vied for notoriety and celebrity, which resulted in old ideas being turned on their heads and the new stars dominating over others for their own financial gain .

Every material is ponderably magnetic !

Some materials are more coherent and thus more observable in the archetypal behaviours, but some are mysterious only because the observations must be made at a different scale! so for example gravitational magnetism, a view promoted by Gilbert and amply discussed by Sir Robert Boyle, who by the way demonstrated that "electric charge" seemed to be able to pass through a vacuum, needs to be seen on the scale of the sun!
    Our theories ( Newtonian) of gravity can be seen as cases of magnetic behaviour, something Newton suggested as prototypical or as an analogous mechanism from the outset.

It is a historical fact that Hooke was the more careful observer of natural phnomena, and indeed he took time to measure magnetic "force", something Newton did not do because his interests were Astronomical!

Mathematikos was the highest Pythagorean Qualification. Those that obtained it were outstanding Astrologers! Thus Newtons Principia is in fact a set of principles for Astologers, not mathematicians!

The work by Donald Scott reveals the dynamical structures of these rotating magnetic "fields" and the 2 complementary rotations that are mirror images of one another( almost) except that topologically one passes inside the other in layers of counter rotating influences.

The work of Ken Wheeler is very instructive in this regard, but Billy Elverton makes it so much easier to grasp!

Eric Dollard is another rich source of practical common sense.
    A 3d oscilloscope? That sounds novel!

However 3d Fourier Transformsbarebalready demonstrating and modelling this kind of complex Smoke ring- plume effect within the experimental boundary conditions. The issue is believing the computer generated outcomes! A lot of disparate work is going on testing out various models for fidelity wit very encouraging results. No one yet has the overview that these results belong Combinatorially to one system : the rotating magnetic"field" behaviour.
    For example Don Scott mixes magnetic polarity lines with "electric potential" lines calling these "electric current " lines. He and others note that magnetic and electric lines become parallel after some distance and call this a field aligned current. These dynamic structures are explicable,as Ampere pointed out as fractal topologically similar circuitous dynamics, where scale and coherency, frequency and amplitude become the only ponderables we can measure and compute in relevant combinatorial models

• Don Scott's second presentation

• We can see the magnetic behaviour misnamed as electrolysis by ionic transfer!
    The surface of any material is active , and this activity is magnetic . When additional magnetic current is applied the activity proportionally increases.
    The surface expands out to a greater arc and this is called ionic transfer. At the same time a counter magnetic current arcs in to the surface . 2 counter rotating activities passing between each other .
  • edited March 2016

We see a clear explanation of an RC oscillating circuit . The capacitor is said to store " charge" .
    Ivor Catt explains how energy is stored in the space around a transmission line as Heaviside announced . Eric Dollard clearly explains the details of this classical view .
    Ivor Catt details ith his colleague how this view was expunged from Modern electromagnetic theory.
    Volta theorised an atmosphere around materials with an attractive and a repulsive principle .Galvano theorised 2 fluids of opposite "potential" in animal tissues but Franklin highlighted the importance of the charge differential between these 2 fluids. Conningly this was metamorphosed into the " one fluid" model, and thus used to denounce Voltas early idea.

It was Örsted and Ampere who demonstrated and measured the vorticular nature of the Magnetic atmosphere around wires. It is this magnetic atmosphere that Boyle an bother Alchemists described in secretive code like discussions as a penetrating fluid, a fluid which Newton searched intensively for.

It is in plain view. It is called smoke or ectoplasm or flame or spark or gas or plasma! The magnetic properties of plasmas have only now been physically studied , but exclusively in high Energy physics laboratories.
    But now Tesla showed a simple circuitry that taps into the wheelworks of Nature. Heaviside refined it to the RCL circuit in which the inherent magnetism is clearly acknowledged and measured as Inductance .
    The plasma in the simple strobe circuit is inductive . It has a " firing" voltage . That is a discharge level at which the smoke bursts into flame !

The materiality of space means that a vacuum does not mean empty or no density . The lower the density the greater the energy required to produce visible light or opaque " dark light" .

Space therefore always consists in some form of dynamic energy , not always visible or palpable to our sensory ranges. What we do see is magnetic behaviours and within those the frequency rotations required for so called "electromagnetic " phenomena .

Ed said it simply: we require a basis for our relative descriptions . There is no sounder base than magnetic behaviours

• Without inductance/conductance we would have no Electro anything! Magnetism was not viewed as flowing in a wire! Thus Gilbert rightly viewed the "potency" in amber as magnetic. The spark changed observers perceptions. This iible manifestation was seen to jump from one object to another , soon became considered as flowing through "conductors", despite the careful work of Faraday on induction! Thus the radiant transmission of induction was disguised until Bose and Long and Hertz and Heaviside and Tesla . The rotation of this radiant induction was only fully conceived by Tesla Heaviside and Steinmetz, although the Maxwellians used the common vortex concept to describe structures in the aether/ space-time environment. Frequency of rotation magically appears in many early descriptions of radio waves and other electromagnetic propagations. The reason is shrouded in war secrecy despite the work of Young, Fresnel,Arago and Heaviside and Tesla.

We have been conditioned to think only of the sinusoids, but even Newton thought in terms of the conic sectional curves! Gravity is a comic sectional behaviour! Thus the link between magnetic Heaviide and Gravity is theoretically and inductively obvious.

The rotating planets follow a moving magnetic star! That sun is a complex lodestone - like obje t with dynamic polarity( magnetic) orientation changes . Thus planets are attracted and repelled by a complex magnetic induction vortex that exists within a vorticular motion within a vorticular motion etc! Where we set our base is relative to our point of view, but the soundest ase is magnetic! And that conception is dynamic . Amperes electrodynamics was Not based on the electron theory, but on the Gilbertian magnetic theory. The dynamic magnetism produces electric phenomena ! Dynamic magnetism is electrodynamic!

The reason why the magnetic flux lines rotate around a wire is because those lines represent the polarity direction changes in a magnetic vortex, whereas the Equipotential lines radiate from the wire because these limes represent regions of equal magnetic pressure . Voltage is a relative measure of magnetic pressure within the vortex layers.
  • @Jehovajah ----I like all your videos trough out this thread ---especially the DNA one --thanks man ----the rest is way over my head
  • edited March 2016
    What is the escape velocity for a magnet? That is, at what speed does an inducible material object have to travel to overcome magnetic attraction?
    A bar magnet is so structured that it's polarity is coherent . A paramagnetic material will be induced in sucha way as to be attracted to either pole direction dynamically. It is only when a paramagnetic material has magnetic hysteresis that it will behave like a magnet at either pole, otherwise induction means objects attract!

However, there are always 2 vortices in a dynamically stable vortex apparently behaving in opposing manner. This can be now understood as a rotationl frequency phenomenon .

When an object rotates it has a relative frequency to other rotating bodies, this rotating frequency difference can be described as positive or negative depending on constructive / destructive interference/ matching. Phenomena will repeat at multiples of this relative frequency difference, but either side of those multiples phenomena will appear to be dynamically in opposition !
    Dynamic stability thus naturally becomes our preferred basis of measurment, and we fail to note that this s not only extensively relative, but also Intensively/ rotationally relative.

The only classicl physicist to carefully collate these observations for the common man ( natural philosopher in the making) was Hetmann Grassmann to my knowledge so far.
  • @Jehovajah Interesting, the below has been sitting in my comment box in draft for months in response to something you said, but I must have been reluctant to pull the trigger. Hopefully it fits in here... Thanks
    Leedskalnin's unipolar perspective considers the smallest of these individual vortices as being actual three dimensional physical particles. God's minions. Undying, and absolutely relentless in their charge to create life. Vorticularly self-propelled The inductee medium of any order is more or less a channel for this energy to engage it's opposite self. Ideally structured like, and as evidence of, the completed circuit that is the PMH.
  • edited March 2016
    @Magnetic_Universe From cosmological measurements, it has been calculated

• I hope to find an instructive video detailing the production process for wire. Like rope industrial processes cannot easily avoid twisting materials to generate length, symmetry and strength . It is these inherent regular twists in inductive/conductive materials that enhance or weaken th natural vorticity of induction.

Coherence at all levels enhances inductive phenomena, but the processes used to manufacture modern materials often invoke the natural organising ability of the environmental vortices surrounding the manufacturing plant. Thus heating annealing and cooling cycles embed natural vorticular structural dynamics into materials .
  • Perhaps as a fractal. Are you suggesting Ed's magnetic current is made up of neutrinos because he compares them to the electron and proton?