Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Water and air behavior

This discussion was created from comments split from: Egyptian Hieroglyphics as Advanced Technological Schematics.

Comments

• If air travels up in water, why does air travel down in my fountain? My guess is the weight of the water in the line is greater above the water line, giving push to the air sucked into the line. Input to the bucket has to be less than the output.

Notice how much water surface tension my water fall has.

First water pours into a bottle till it reaches the bottle neck pointing up. Then the water gets stretched to the inside of a bottle top then reduced back to the size of the bottle neck. Does this 4 times. If I blow smoke in the first chamber, the smoke will start traveling down to the lower chambers.

The aqualungs...

Notice the bottle looks like a mirror when filled with air under the water. The input needs to be more than the output. Otherwise the aqualungs don't build up air pressure. If I displace a gallon of water with air I have about 8 pounds of air pressure. The blow horn needs around ten to sound. So my guess is I need to displace about 2 gallons of water before opening the air dump valve to the blow horn and it should sound till water fills a gallon of the space.

Bubble fountain...

When the air pressure is great enough, this line pumps air down into the water under the bottle. The air collects under the funnel until air fills the bottle to the point it can escape from the bottom of the funnel. Added a little soap so seeing the bubble eruption's is easier to see. Funny the hotter the outside temp the less bubbles I have in the funnel.

Water is a good servant, but a poor master.
    Fire is a good servant, but a poor master.

Try this at home. Take a long pipe 30 feet, pointing the ends east and west. Now lift one end higher by five degree's. Does the water travel in the pipe at the same speed if it goes down east and west. Or does one direction travel faster?
    North to south verses south to north?

How are the Lillie's in your pond doing?
    Notice how algae likes to grow in some spots better than others? I noticed my clear lines aren't so clear anymore.

Later mods to my waterfall setup will be painting the bottles black.I have to seal the chambers so there is bigger air pockets between the chambers. Black heats up the air inside and water tries to cool the air. A lot of water surface area after 4 chambers. And a lot of air surface area inside as well.

Left side of image points up. Left the caps on so you could see which way the bottles connect.

Then cut a second one like this.

Third cut is the bottom on this line.

FYI it makes a great filter. With a sock stretched across a bottle top cut smaller than the inside of the bottle. A little charcoal in the sock and my water went from pea soup to crystal clear. As the pores plug in the sock, the water increases in volume stretching the sock allowing more water to flow thru the pores of the weave.
    Last sock cleaning, that sock was full of biofuel.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algae_fuel
    Just milk the sock like the utter on a cow with the water pump off, and when you squeeze that sock after a few days it will be full of algae. Still amazes me how much grows in the line from the water pump to the input of the waterfall. And why a short section out of the filter has none at all growing.

Just above my finger very little growing but below it starts growing again.

This is what I have been tinkering with lately @dante ...

• Found this funny

• I did not write it. Just posted it for later.

Mainly like the images on that link.

Why is the clock backwards?
  • In the image it was backwards now it got flipped.

• Why is the clock backwards?

Because you moved past their zenith. Or crossed from north to south.
    Just like the moon is flipped above and beyond equator.
    :)
  • That made no sense what you said.

First it shows the image one way, then.it posts the other way. But only flips left with right and right with left.

Starting to hate these digital delusion devices.

• But this is a good example of how things should work.

Since so many of you can't seem to figure out how to piece the parts together.

Take empty paint buckets one gallon size. Using a pinch roller pump.

Roller pumps are self-priming, positive displacement pumps, and a variety of models is available. Maximum outputs range from 2 to 75 gpm, and pressures range up to 300 psi. ... Rubber rollers are preferred when the pump is used only for water solutions and wettable powder slurries at pressures less than 100 psi.

I remember the vampires using them to pump body guilds back in after sucking them out then separating in a centrifuge.

I think I need to build this driver.

• Gravity feeds the flexible tubing. Where the glass bottle is where the crescent moon goes below and the wheel with flat rollers pushes water thru the tube.

Just some ideas to kick around.
  • So I float tested the bottle barge.

Needs a better belt. It will not support me standing on the center.

Asked my dumbbell to be my test dummy.

I do regret not removing the labels.

The fire inspector from the fire department thought it was cool.

He told me he recently seen someone else make a boat out of bottle's online.

Asked if I was going to test it in the pond in the woods, I was like no I am going to test it in my neighbors pool, a lot safer that way.

Not to mention I got all the tools to fetch things out around the pool.

Even got a plank to walk out over the water like a dock.

My other neighbor had a really good idea of mounting solar panels to it.

So I am thinking a bed sheet tailored to fit around the bottles like a table cloth, a little fiberglass resin then fill the gaps with spray foam. Add a top deck to mount the panel. For grins and giggles use flex seal as a top coat.

Just tare and duck feather's.

Told the wife I want to make a floating tripod to hang a swinging chair in.

Part of me wants to make a floating windmill.

Ttfn

• So far I got this far on my hanging planter.

Water is in the top 2-liter bottle, small hole in the bottom of each bottle.

As the temp outside rise's, the air pressure inside the top bottle increases and drips to the next bottle with dirt and then down the chain tills it get to the bottom which has a drain tube to go back to the collector.

Any suggestions on what can grow in a small space would be great.

One issue is what to use to use oxygen and give off CO².

Had the idea of worm's in the soil.
    Another idea was venting a fermentation vessel to it.

I have sealed fish in bottles for over a month. With just a clump of algae for it to live on. Fish provides the CO² and the plant produces O². Plant consumes the fish waste, and the fish consumes the by-product of the algae.

Sometimes I don't feed my fish so they will eat the algae. How I keep it under control to a degree.

I save all the clumps that collect in the chambers. Just cause I know it has other useful uses.

I did obtain a couple of screens to try to make lord kelvins dropper.

Also figured out how to rope the two bottles together.

Next hardware store trip I will grab a wax ring and get it sealed up. The 16 ounce bottle to half gallon jug is the wrong ratio.

So if you turn the white pipe it will tilt the bottle up or down.
    Notice the angle of the bottle to the pipe.

Found that interesting.

So a friend told me if you have a fan suck air thru a small opening it will cool the air. Waiting for it to get warmer to see if it really works.

Playing with the PMH and permanent magnets and thinking of the symbols he left behind.

Not sure if it will hold my up but when you put them in the right patterns they got some serious holding power.

So how many blocks can I remove before the PMH drops from the keeper?

This is one thing I kept noticing in eds pictures and writings.

The iron is attracted on one end and repelling on the other end.

As you can see as I slide the iron washer closer to the iron bar the angle changes.

This is how my old flywheel switch worked, magnetic baising.

Angle increases with opposite poles and decreases with same poles.

A piece of tin foil on top of the five spot and it is now insulated from the iron along the magnetic pyramid. Couple of carbon contacts and you can flip flop the battery to the coil's. Just make sure not to use contacts that will weld to each other.

The part that tripped me out was the fact the PMH uncharged and the keeper is enough to lift 30+ pounds. Two 15 pound dumbbells plus 18 ceramic craft magnets and 3 iron rails 3 feet long.

I will have to experiment and see which way lifts more weight or maybe it doesn't matter.R-N*S-R-S*N-R. R-S*N-R-N*S-R.

Enjoy

TTFN

• So got bored and made a transfer pump.
    1/2" inlet, 1.5" displacer, and a 3/8" outlet.

Some of my parts were not glued together and caused a blowout from water hammering.

Getting a lot of blow by on my displacer. Which is no big deal I was expecting that from how I made the piston rings, old bike tubes. Bacon grease for lubricant. Metal washers almost the inside diameter of the 1.5" PVC pipe.

I didn't buy enough thread all, so I will have to buy a longer one . This will increase my stroke

Part of me wants to make 2 then have the walking beam actuate the pistons. Doubt my wife will let me buy the parts.

Piston friction has been a issue. Hence all the blow by. I can seal the piston better at the cost of increased friction. Thinking about adding a third set of rings. That is how gas motors do it.
    My blow by I am thinking I should just port it back to the reservoir.

• So recently I have been working on using ultrasonic mist maker's .

Using the vacuum of falling water I can pull the heavy air up.

Which wants to sink down to the ground.

When this video uploads it will show how the water vapor doesn't go above the top vacuum line.

I was thinking hydroponics and how the water vapor would block sunlight by bouncing the light waves around until they cancel each other out.

So having the mist enter the chamber from below then pull thru the soil and suck off the mist just above the soil.

A while back had a conservation with a friend about why the grass is so green over the septic tank drain fields.

I honestly thought it was the extra fertilizer.

He said it was from the evaporation of the water.

So that got me thinking how will the plants respond from the pulsing air pressure fluctuations caused by the falling water?

Well I guess it depends on where you look because the vacuum chamber the water vapor is traveling up.

This setup turns green after about 2 weeks.

I was surprised a quarter pound of wax in a 12 ounce can was barely enough to mix with the magnacite sand.

One mistake I made was I forgot to preheat the sand. The cold sand will cause the hot wax to cool rapidly and make air pockets.

I guess in the future I will heat the sand in the oven and heat the wax in the double boiler.

I found the aluminum can as a good sacrificial form. A snip at the top and peel the can like a orange.

If it wasn't for the fire danger I would put in the microwave and cook it to make a carbon lattice in the sand.

Next step is to make a lathe and mill it down.

Then transform it into a transformer.

Granted I should have used a blank page to show this variance in light.

I know my flower is growing at a angle towards the vacuum chamber.

• Not sure why I found this interesting. I know why a small amount of water displaced lifts more than the water displaced. Surface area.

Anyways