When someone presents another with information
and that "another" returns silence......rather than reciprocating thoughts..
then what "volumes" is that "silence" "speaking"?
I come up with these general reasons:
1. non-interest in topic and don't want to reveal non-interest
2. ignorance on topic and don't want to reveal ignorance
3. contempt for the topic and ideas presented and don't want to reveal contempt
4. moral superiority and don't want to reveal the haughtiness
5. silence treatment to get in another's head or for political social reasons to make the presenter a social pariah
6. too busy to even bother a reply
Is there others that I am missing?