Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What’s the Original Book Cover Image ABIEH?

2»

Comments

• I am not saying that this is the original cover of ABIEH but here is a very interesting cover that I found that I haven't seen before:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/book-every-home-edward-leedskalnin-1981396828

It seems that Ed decided to represent his "net" on the cover in this version similar to how he did in the last page on the right in the more recent version. Interesting that the weave of the net does not have uniform spacing throughout. The weave near the word HOME seems to be tighter than in the top of the picture.

I found this picture on worthpoint.com which is basically an archive of items sold on auction sites like ebay. I did not create an account to see what price this sold for. It would be interesting to know though. This site has a good collection of pictures of Ed's ABIEH to compare.

• This may help a little.

Does anyone happen to have a full-size version of this picture? I have this version of the book in hard copy but cannot seem to find a digital copy at the moment.
  • OROLO said:

I am not saying that this is the original cover of ABIEH but here is a very interesting cover that I found that I haven't seen before:

It seems that Ed decided to represent his "net" on the cover in this version similar to how he did in the last page on the right in the more recent version. Interesting that the weave of the net does not have uniform spacing throughout. The weave near the word HOME seems to be tighter than in the top of the picture.

I found this picture on worthpoint.com which is basically an archive of items sold on auction sites like ebay. I did not create an account to see what price this sold for. It would be interesting to know though. This site has a good collection of pictures of Ed's ABIEH to compare.

The net only shows up visually when zoomed out which forms a magnification like effect. The movement it like the S shaped found on EDMs front cover, it pulls inward then swing outward.
    From my research it shows up on versions prior to 1976.
    Here is a book that I have with the same effect

With the naked eye you wouldn't see it at all

• This photo shows different characteristics between versions of the book.
  • So the other day I was watching someones video. And they made a remark about book making gave him skills on making capacitors.

Which what you are looking for is the first production of the book prior to being mass printed.

I learned as about "registration marks" first by my grandmother, then again later when working in a silk screen shop doing 4 color process.

A single copy of my big book of numbers would cost over $600 to print one copy at the library if it was open.

We used to adlib "Aerosmith's-sweet emotion" to sweet emulsion.

You go in a dark room and coat the silk in emulsion fluid. Then place a black image over the screen and then "burn the image" which is expose the emulsion to high intensity light. Then you rinse the screen to remove the unburnt emulsion. Hold it up to the light and look for holes.

At that point you are ready to start printing..

Why I said years ago I needed the pages so I could 4 color process the information.

One pass of yellow followed by one pass of blue now try one pass of blue followed by one pass of yellow.

I mention this because each screen for each color is slightly different. And sometimes different colors get used more than once.

So my best guess on the cross weave is you are seeing the screen used to print the copy.

Bind a book and notice you have to press the pages together.

The binding is where I could see useful for making capacitors. My homemade ones increased when I applied pressure with zip ties. I used to have a tool I could tension so tight the ties would snap.

When I started printing my book I left just as much blank space as I used.

If you got a better way to sort 363,484 different combinations of 1 to 9 then show me. I used a common book called "the bible" .

Relevations 13;18

Before the music starts, this opens with an a cappella quote from The Book of Revelation. The band wanted the horror film actor Vincent Price to read this intro, but he wanted more money than they were willing to pay (a year later, Price lent his voice to Michael Jackson's "Thriller"). The quote was read by an unknown thespian actor who had no interest in the band

I have different bibles cause what is printed changes.

Solomon's temple started making sense. 666 talents a year first kings says. Only beasts mentioned are the 12 lions.

1+2+3=6 and 4+5+6=6 and 7+8+9 =6

If you calculate all 504 combinations of 1 to 9 in three places. You will see only the root of 6 shows up in three columns. 3,6,9 return 60 times 1,2,4,5,7,8 return 54 times each.

Wish [lost soul] was still around. I know he had a list of words used.

You got me wanting to make more auto-bots to read and write.

But then I get thinking how much trouble my bots cause.

Not to mention my wife starts complaining the bots get more attention than her.

I weave more than just ropes. Actually weaving the rope is my biggest issue right now. Maybe I should try 7 instead of five for a jump count. Maybe where i am jumping thru.

Speaking of magnifying things. I got this out recently cause it needs to be built better.

I doubt you can find his first copy pictured in the picture.

I know the copies of a copy i had recieved years ago had bad page curl so it was difficult to find the registration marks.. always in a triangle.

In its broadest definition, the term screeding refers to any action of smoothing out a pliable material into a flat layer. The term can be used both as a verb ("to screed") or as a noun referring to the tool that is used to do the flattening.

This can cause that weave effect as well.
    If the tool vibrates as it get dragged across the screen.

Like how fake wood grain is done. Is a good example.

These are my guesses on the book on the cover.

I doubt you will ever find the first copy. Maybe someone has it, but I doubt it.
  • Julius Levin must have possessed a number of the original pamphlets and books or he never would have been able to reproduce them to sell at the gift shop ...Ed Himself discontinued publishing ABIEH quite some time before his death wish I knew what year... Julius surely added the new ROCK GATE pics in the back plus statistics imo
  • Woah, Jeremy? Didn't expect to see you around here.
    I still owe you one for hooking me up with a copy of Korallu Pils.
    And hosting the forum that brought me down this rabbit hole.
    Nice to hear from you in these parts.