Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Perpetual Motion Holder

Comments

• I have a question for all ed's fans out there and I'm hoping the information I get back will help me with the next step in my project. Eds pmh works because of the interlocking of the 2 magnetic poles canceling out the Eddie current in the process. In a conventional pmh set up as soon as the charge is reversed the bond and energy inside the bar is neutralized and this is why a pmh can't work with ac current. If you were able to maintain the magnetic bond while changing polarity and transfer and store the flux created while bringing back into the magnetic circuit would this be defeating Eddie currents and using the flux as additive energy instead of loosing it to heat? Any feedback would be extremely helpful. cheers
  • Eds PMH works because ...?
    The PMH demonstrates a phenomenon called a magnetic current by Ed. the attraction and repulsion are inherent in 2 substances that flow only if they twist against each other. This is Eds conclusion. It is this twisting between the 2 substances that is the pulling power of a magnetic current.

So poles and Eddy currents do not strictly fit Eds model.

Switching the polarity of a PMH will change the magnetic current flow pattern. Any disruption dissipates the substances back into the environment. However the coils can collect a substantial amount of this dissipation. You would have to store them in some battery or capacitor system.

See boxerlegos posts to see ideas of how this may be done.
  • edited November 2014
    Military secret or PMH?

Here the magnetic current is called a bistable state of residual magnetism. The computers of Eds time relied on this PMH effect.

Note the simple explanation of how breaking the PMH destroys the residual magnetisation, releasing the magnetic current into the environment! However, driving this magnetisation destruction and reversing the magnetisation drives an opposite Voltage in a second coil as some of the magnetic current is " pushed into" this second coil. If the coils are connected as ed suggests by his heart shaped wiring diagram, his little darling, the PMH device feeds back into the driving loop.

The variation in possible connections should be explored, but essentially the loops are either in series supporting time magnetic current or in series, supposedly thwarting the magnetic current. Does this happen or does as ed suggests the thwarted version behave like an " electric" current in a wire?
  • Note how a magnetic current responds to frequency variation. A capacitor reacts too quickly to isolate a frequency. Both together provide a frequency responsive rotation of magnetic current. The rotation is an oscillation, and so frequency of oscillation is used instead of frequency of rotation. Frequency of rotation is also a mode of action, but then a capacitor cannot be used.

• edited November 2014
    Different coil circuits for the PMH

• Check It out, Mineral Vegetable and Animal Life PMH based on the small scale diagram on the coverimage
  • It works! Very interesting device for the most part. image

With clues from the cover of the book Mineral Vegetable and Animal Life I decided to wrap both the coils with a vertical symmetry. Ed displays this vertical symmetry within the upside down heart image on the PMH which is the construct of the wire ends for the coils on the PMH and this is also how you connect it up to the (+, -) battery. Also because the coils are wrap with this vertical symmetry they will be opposite of each other magnetically.
  • edited January 2015
    At last someone who has not ignored the heart shaped connections!

Is this Eds Sweet heart?

Because I have not made a PMH boxerlego I wondered about the connections, are the wires on to and below connected? Or are they connected both on top or both below?

Does the heart direction, the vertical symmetry have any real significance, especially in relation to the earths magnetic field?( E-W, N-S, vertical, horizontal)

Does the coil wrap finish in the middle of the coil ?

I can't see the connection clearly in your picture.

• The PMH here is based on Eds small scale drawing of the front cover of Mineral Vegetable and Animal Life. It has a very good tone. The coils here are still in the prototype stage but overall there are finished for the most part. I hand made the aluminium spools but I did not count the number of turns, so on the next pair of coils I'm going to make I will need to build something that is going to count the number of turns around the coil.

Here is how the wire connections are setup in the picture below. I made the coils end terminal connection resemble like the factory made coil end terminal connection down below this picture. I have another style on how the coils wire connections can be made and this one is probably more along the lines on how Ed wanted it.

• edited May 2016
    Hello and congratulations for the forum.

In the picture my interpretation of Leedskalnin's Perpetual Motion Holder.

The dimensions respect as much as possible those indicated in "Magnetic Current"

The coils are connected in parallel as it would appear from the figure of "Mineral Vegetables and Animal Life "and each is composed of 1500 turns of insulated copper wire. Obviously one is wound clockwise and the other counterclockwise.

I would like to ask a question: I've read in the book that you may have to bend a round bar, but in fact most of the time is used a square bar. There is my misinterpretation or is there a reason for this? Thank you all a greeting.
  • A most excellent rendition, thank you!. What method did you use to bend the bar?

• edited May 2016
    It was the most hard labor. I commissioned the work to the only craftsman who has listened to me for this endeavor. He has built up an outfit with shaped wheels to guide the bar during bending, carried out by a multi-ton machine that pressed the bar back in the exact center... The bending was performed by heating before the bar with an oxyacetylene torch...

Post a picture taken from Internet just to better understand the concept .

Although it still came a nice job, the bend is far from perfect. In fact I can not insert the coils completely as I would like, and as suggested by the Leedskalnin.

I have the design of equipment to do a good bend, but I would have to invest money to build it. The result, however, could be great.
  • Excellent clarity xxx

• ...The coils are connected in parallel as it would appear from the figure of "Mineral Vegetables and Animal Life "and each is composed of 1500 turns of insulated copper wire. Obviously one is wound clockwise and the other counterclockwise.

I would like to ask a question: I've read in the book that you may have to bend a round bar, but in fact most of the time is used a square bar. There is my misinterpretation or is there a reason for this? Thank you all a greeting.

Ed lacks specificity here causing some ambiguity regarding round vs. square bar, and also with the direction of the coil windings - opposite vs. same direction, right hand vs. left hand, etc.

Ed says,
    Bend iron or soft steel bar one and one half inch in diameter, bend in a U shape each prong a foot long, and three inches between the prongs, make two spools from brass or aluminum six inches long and big enough for the bar to go in. Wind fifteen hundred turns of insulated copper wire, size sixteen, on each spool.

My interpretation has always been that in typical machine shop vernacular round stock is referred to as rod and square or rectangular stock is referred to as bar. In the next paragraph however he specifies that the 3" coil core and the 6" top bar should be 'square iron rod', but then later refers to both as bar.

Are there any machinists out there that can clarify this? Ed interchanges the terms throughout Magnetic Current with the word Rod appearing 21 times, and Bar 23 times.