Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Symbols and Numbers

Comments

• I suppose that when I read it, I didn't really look for the symbolism, to be honest. Not the place I would think to look, but then again, I pick up on that stuff pretty good.
    It's quite possible her family had masonic connections, we probably won't know. Alot like Charles Dodgson aka lewis carroll, most of her correspondence was burned after her death. I suppose someone was protecting their personal character by doing so.
    Occam's razor says she kept her identity a secret because of the social stigmas at the time concerning a 'lady' and what she wrote about and thought. She was un married, but do you think she was a lonely virgin for 40 years? I doubt it, especially because writing the kind of things she wrote, about love, rejection, manipulation, affairs, eloping, lust, requires a bit of experience in the subject matter to make it sound believable. She delves into the emotional mind of a woman of the times, and women were not exactly supposed to think that way, or express it. Also, if you have seen the films or read the books, there is a distinct line austen never crosses into concerning desire, but she dances as close to it as a man was expected to go, which was a bit more acceptable at the time. She uses all the conveniences of a modern soap opera, without getting raunchy, but still expressing the sexual promiscuity that is human nature.From mild attraction, to illegitimate pregnancy, she goes into things that were not exactly tactful for a woman to talk about outside the home. But beyond the emotional aspect, which austen is quite good at, is the social aspect. She dances the line between poverty and aristocracy, emphasizing the gap of inequality, and its social stigmas, but bridging it with emotional connections, only to break the illusion of connectivity by bringing back the reality of economic status in marriage, courting and love.
    In pride and prejudice, it opens with 'a man with a good fortune must be in need of a good wife' paraphrasing. But in actuality it is more likely that a woman is in need of a man with a good fortune. Again the social stigmas said a woman needs a man to take care of her, but a woman who is taken care of, doesnt need to marry or concern herself with such things, as she has womanly duties first. Sense and sensibility is a fantastic example of this, as the 2 sisters essentially have to lose their socio economic status in order to present a plotline in which it is more acceptable for them to 'play the field' so to speak.
    I could probably keep going, but I've written enough about Jane Austen now. Never got any impression of masonic symbolism though. The wives of masons have the OES, but masons dont talk about the craft to anyone, even their wives, especially their wives, they make it a point to tell masons not to talk to their wives about their secrets. Masonry is for the boys, and only for the boys.
    'The little rascals' has more masonic symbolism in my book. And its loaded with it.
    I highly recommend the books though. Trust me, if you can tell your lady that youve read pride and prejudice, and shes a fan, you earn instant brownie points, lots of em, chicks love that stuff.
    And ed read everything he could get his eyes on, so likely yes.
  • edited March 2016
    Ok here we go --- to me the whole east wall is an observatory.
  • From abieh

perhaps a clue?

Taking the 33 letters letter using atbash gives

GRMRZZZRYMV - - Grammar, rhymes

MRGDGGZSMDZ - - Merged Simonds

OZGTYOMGMMH - - Need some help

or again is this all just a coincidence?
  • edited February 2016
    @dante ---I don't know---- those are just words---have to get at least a sentence , to get parts of a book right.
  • @charlie

they are taken from the first letters of each paragraph totally 33, adding up to 373, both numbers are palindromes ( side note which 6105195 can also produce in itself )
    There wont be structured sentences with this, but hints on what to use or look for in order to make sentences .. in my opinion
  • edited March 2016
    Did you know , that the symbol on " Magnetic Current " are called F-holes?

• edited March 2016
    -- a sphere is perfection --
  • Mars
    From above you can view the eye depicted on Mars

Soo much can be linked with Mars, however I believe the eye was placed on Mars for a reason. To convey a message, or part of a larger message

Mars is the ruler of Aries(associated with the golden fleece)
    The Greek name for Mars is Ares
    One of the most common definitions of Mars is the god of war, violence.

The only connection I found that links an eye to Mars is in Tibetan Astrology. Mars is called one eyed Migmar, its symbol is " the eye ". Migmar became the god of war after losing his sight. This eye can be awakened through enlightenment, or in the next age (Aquarius)

Interpreting this could mean either Ed was an enlightened individual, which I believe
    Or a date of when our eye will be illuminated in the next age. Other enlightened individuals such as da vinci referenced Aquarius in his a few of his paintings

• That is a nice catch, Dante, and an interesting summation!
  • Thanks Magnetic_Universe
    I've been wanting to expand further with different perspectives. The eye almost looks like the eye of Horus.... that's why I needed some decent Aerial shots of Eds place to decide further
    Mike Bara wrote a book speaking of a place designed like the eye of Horus on Mars
    Here are some images

Further research is required
  • Crazy talk here: Does anyone think that Ed is trying to convey in some way that he or we as a species were created and seeded from another planet? Perhaps Alcyone in the Pleiades? There seems to be a lot of chatter in old magazines from the early 20th century about Alcyone. Honestly I have no idea and no opinion on the matter, just putting out the antennae and feelers to hear someone else opine. The library of Congress is a wonderful thing!
  • @Pogi-18
    I can't say for sure about Alcyone being mentioned in Eds works yet.. I did find a few visual references to the leg or Pleiades in Eds photos
    Pleiades is pictured throughout the world in ancient sites. There is an odd reference at Hoover Dam specifically workers memorial.
    I don't know enough about Alcyone yet
  • edited July 2016
    Awesome reply thanks... Boyd Bushman mentions something about Pleiades (I think). Never-the-less looking at old Mesopotamian tablets with some modern technology to manipulate shows that Adam and Eve definitely weren't alone on this planet, which makes sense. Seems Genesis says God created insects first then many days later he created man and woman to take care of his creation. Seems we all have it backwards. Forgot to mention that Ed specifically states the general coordinates on the earth of where Rock Gate was located in one of the pamphlets. I may be wrong but I believe that Alcyone/Pleiades is similarly located in the big sky. I'm 100% a doctor of google on this one but looks about right.
  • A Book in Every Home
    - the title is layed out in an interesting manner
    A and In

Spelt Ayn, Ain, or in Hebrew Ayin

16th letter in the Hebrew alphabet, numerical value of 70
    It translates to eye
    Ain on the cover of a book in every home is in the shape of a triangle. An eye within a triangle
    More to add