Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ed's Place Original Map Layout

2»

Comments

• Original Ed's Place Reconstructed video
  • @Ones65118 This is so cool!
  • Gardener said:

@Ones65118 This is so cool!

Yes, fascinating and thought provoking. What were your references for Ed's black mirror? I've haven't heard it mentioned for quite some time. My understanding is that it was black slate that he would wet, and that he claimed it made the best reflection.

Also, have you seen any indication that Ed had restroom facilities of any kind at either location?
  • Gardener said:

@Ones65118 This is so cool!

Yes, fascinating and thought provoking. What were your references for Ed's black mirror? I've haven't heard it mentioned for quite some time. My understanding is that it was black slate that he would wet, and that he claimed it made the best reflection.

Also, have you seen any indication that Ed had restroom facilities of any kind at either location?
    Yes restrooms at each place is quite the mystery, I feel he is a man that would have recycled into methane and other things, but don't have a clue. I have always wondered that myself :) The mirror is mentioned in the coral castle book by Col. Caroll A. Lake it said something like Ed was doing his demonstration there (Ed's Place) pretending to shave in front of it and always drew laughs from the crowds, something like that :) I would like to know where his well was there, it must still be there :)
  • Ed's Place - Living Quarters
    Rock Residence Draws attention - Feb 19 1933

" At one end of his domain stands a house with a tower, built of coral rock, where he resides. The house is furnished with stone furniture, including a card table, which resembles a map of Florida with the positions of the players indicated by the points of a compass "
  • So the Rockers were set in very specific points ...how many original rockers were around the Florida Table? perhaps the compass was Lake Okeechobee with simple floating cork/pin?
  • Wanted to add the article --
    It appears that way yes, it should not be too hard to find out which card game it was, all depending on the amount of compass points involved