Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Metaphors in ABIEH

Quick post here.

"All girls below sixteen should be brand new. If a girl below sixteen cannot be called
brand new any more, it is not the girl's fault; the mamma is to blame! It is the mamma's
duty to supervise the girl to keep those fresh boys away.
In case the girl's mamma thinks that there is a boy somewhere who needs experience,
then she, herself, could pose as an experimental station for that fresh boy to prctice on and so save the girl. Nothing can hurt her any more. She has already gone through all the
experience that can be gone through and so in her case, it would be all right.
But all the blame does not rest on the mamma alone. The schools and the churches are
cheapening the girls! They are arranging picnics - are coupling up the girls with the fresh
boys
- and then they send them out to the woods, parks, beaches and other places so that
they can practice in first degree love making.
Now, I will tell you what the first degree love making is. The first degree love making is
when the fresh boy begins to soil the girl by patting, rubbing and squeezing her. They start it in that way but soon it begins to get dull and there is no kick in it, so they have to
start in on the second degree and keep on and then by and by, when the right man comes
along and when he touches the girl, then he touches her like dead flesh. There is no more
response in it because all the response has been worked out with those fresh boys
. Why
should it be that way?
Everything we do should be for some good purpose but as everybody knows there is
nothing good that can come to a girl from a fresh boy. When a girl is sixteen or seventeen years old, she is as good as she ever will be, but when a boy is sixteen years old, he is
then fresher than in all his stages of development. He is then not big enough to work but
he is too big to be kept in a nursery and then to allow such a fresh thing to soil a girl - it
could not work on my girl. Now I will tell you about soiling. Anything that is done, if it is
with the right party it is all right, but when it is with the wrong party, it is soiling, and
concerning those fresh boys with the girls, it is wrong every time.
Now, how can you find out if I am right? Pick out any girl you want but do it before she
has anything to do with anybody - as soon as she begins to couple herself with somebody.
You watch her every day and some day you will see the girl coming home with a red
face
. One's face is a window for other people to look in on and when it turns red it shows
that there was something done that her moral conscience told her should not have been
done.
It is shocking to imagine that someone else produced that red face to my girl. In such a
case she could not be one hundred per cent sweet. As soon as a girl acquires experience
the sweetness begins to leave her right away. The first experience in everything is the
most impressive. It should be reserved for the permanent partner - the less of the new
experience is left, the cheaper the affair will be.
That is the reason why I want a girl the way Mother nature puts her out. This means
before anybody has had any chance to be around her and before she begins to
misrepresent herself. I want to pick out the girl while she is guided by the instinct alone.
When I started out in doing things that would make it possible for me to get a girl, I set a
rule in my behaviour to follow:
The sweet sixteen had to be a beginner and a likeable girl and with a mild disposition; I
had to be deserving of her. Everybody's sweet sixteen should be so high in one's
estimation that no temptation could induce one to act behind her back. I always have
wanted a girl but I never had one.
The reason why is that I knew it would produce several conditions and leave their effects,
but I did not want any effects from past experience left on me and my sweet sixteen.
A girl will economize, go hungry and endure other hardships before she will put on
another girl's dress to wear. I will put gunny sacks on before I will wear another man's
clothes, and this is only a step from having another fellow's girl or another girl's fellow.
Having such a case the present possessor would have to clean up the past performer's
effects. Now you see, to clean up the other person's leavings, it is humiliating, so it would
be a cheap and undesirable affair. I want one hundred per cent good or none. That is why
I was so successfull in resisting the natural urge for love making."

I think this section is a metaphor for iron (girls) coming into contact with oxygen (fresh boys) and rusting (red face).
The purity of iron is also mentioned when he says the schools and churches are cheapening iron by sending them to areas with high potential for oxidization. First degree love making is a metaphor for oxidation. We know when a transformer core rusts, it can quickly lose its efficacy since the iron oxide does not want to magnetize. It seems "man" is also a metaphor for a permanent magnet. He even references the temperament of the iron when he says "mild disposition". The terms "couple" and "induce" also have a magnetic definition. Try reading it through this perspective. I have yet to see this theory posted so let me know what y'all think.

Comments

• This is exactly how ABIEH is meant to be read.
    Remember, this is Ed's first book, and he probably looked at it as a good guide, but he added more, by publishing 4 other works.
    He was building on his magnum opus, in order to make it easier to interpret. Keep that in mind.
    Magnetic Current, I believe is his masterpiece. But I also think it is to build upon what he desired to share in ABIEH.
    You're on the right path, reading it as a metaphor.