Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ed’s Selfie

Bought this a few years ago and thought I would share it with you guys! Found by a janitor that worked at coral castle in the 80s? It was in the trash in the owners office! Thankfully it made its way into my hands.

Comments

• @Allseeingjoey that's very cool. Thanks for sharing. I' don't think I've seen that before.
  • @Allseeingjoey that's very cool. Thanks for sharing. I' don't think I've seen that before.

Yes I’m very lucky to have it. It’s definitely the original taken by Ed himself because we all know he takes his own selfies and I looked up the dimensions of the negative and they match a camera around the same time Ed would have taken it.
  • I agree and the ROCK GATE sign is positioned in a way I haven't seen.
  • I actually met this guy when I went to coral castle two years ago and he offered me $100k for it lmao. Obviously I didn’t take it… I don’t think any amount of money is worth letting go of this gem.

Yea that’s true. What is it infront of it?
  • I did a small photoshop to be able to see this a bit better.

• Very nice. It looks like Ed ran it his after effects program like he did ABIEH 🙂. Could be paredolia I guess.

Yea that’s true. What is it infront of it?
    Can't make it out yet perhaps when I get back to my PC. I think he hides the PMH in some of these pics.
  • edited February 2022
    Wow it looks great Northsouth! Thanks for doing this!!! Imagine he never posted this one because there was something in it he didn’t want us to see…
  • I might colorize it a bit. I'd rather do that work on a cleaner negative though. Is there any way possible?
  • Here's a copy of the same picture I found in my collection. I might have another version somewhere.

• I might colorize it a bit. I'd rather do that work on a cleaner negative though. Is there any way possible?

I’ll upload it today. I just woke up from a dream which led me back here. Eds words always seems to do this to me.
    OROLO said:

Here's a copy of the same picture I found in my collection. I might have another version somewhere.

Where did you get this photo?

• If this was found at Rock Gate property it makes me wonder if someone was doing overlays there... The more popular picture of this scene is cropped, The ED.L sign he has on the desk/table I have often wondered just what he is showing there, look carefully and it does not seem in balance
  • A Trident is what I have always thought perhaps was standing with ROCK GATE sign in this scene... perhaps may just be vegetation though :)