Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deeds - Ed Leedskalnin's documented transactions

2»

Comments

• Would be very interesting to find some old articles on that Coral Castle, I wonder if there was anything ever written of it in the media?
  • @Ones65118
    ---Also at the same time there was the other place in between Ed's Place and Rock Gate called Coral Castle... Coral castle was built inspired by Ed's Place and Rock Gate if I remember right... anyway

The picture you posted was the original Coral Castle
    When I visited in December I went to all three sites.
    Originally I couldn't find Coral Castle, they filled the land with trees and buried the pond located next to the road. From a distance I noticed solid blocks which would have indicated a path or partition. I took pictures and will try an upload them here.
  • Dec 2018 - Original Coral Castle

The castle itself is of different design, however the blocks that are resting throughout the property is similar to Eds style.

Ed's Place and the original Coral Castle are within walking distance.
    Ed's Place today is heavily shielded by trees and brush, the only place on the street like it. Odd

• edited February 2019
    Although I have seen postcards of Redland Coral Castle, there doesn't seem to be any advertisements made.
    This address: 31500 SW 187 Ave

https://www.abandonedfl.com/reland-coral-castle-house/
    -This page advertises a book where he found the information. I own the book and it doesn't offer any additional information than what the page offers.
    The page has more photos, however the information regarding 1936(from the book) is inaccurate.

https://www.redfin.com/FL/Homestead/31500-SW-187th-Ave-33030/home/43434665
    -good photos are also found here

I was able to locate a newspaper advertisement

Heart Attack
    William A. Blizzard Age 62 - His address in the article matches with Redland Coral Castle
    Article from 1961
    Was this the original owner of the Redland Coral Castle?
  • @OROLO
    @Ones65118
    @anyone who can give it a shot

There are still several videos or footage taken from when Ed was alive, and a few after

Perhaps you will have luck with finding this video...

Merv Griffin hosted a Miami based television series in the beginning of his career called " Going Places ". That year in July the title was called ' Rock Gate Park '

July 21 1956

I checked everywhere for a cache of ABC network archives from 1956 -no success

I contacted Wolfsonarchive which is a part of Miami Dade College hoping they had footage. No success

You can go here for small segments of Rock Gate Park / Coral Castle
    www.mdc.edu/archives/wolfson-archives/

Perhaps I missed something or another source.

• At the moment I can`t find anything on original builder of Coral Castle... I know the information is out there, where did I see it hmm. Very interesting the two are within walking distance i did not know that... Good pictures! Thanks, I wonder why no one has ever rebuilt the place it is quite beautiful ... I`ll look around for the merv G. you never know :)
  • What a coincidence, that such two feats are together at almost same place...
    Rock Gate - sounds like it has specific meaning.

@dante @Ones65118 - great collection of old newspaper articles and photos!
  • dante said:

@OROLO
    @Ones65118
    @anyone who can give it a shot

There are still several videos or footage taken from when Ed was alive, and a few after

Perhaps you will have luck with finding this video...

Merv Griffin hosted a Miami based television series in the beginning of his career called " Going Places ". That year in July the title was called ' Rock Gate Park '

July 21 1956

I checked everywhere for a cache of ABC network archives from 1956 -no success

I contacted Wolfsonarchive which is a part of Miami Dade College hoping they had footage. No success

You can go here for small segments of Rock Gate Park / Coral Castle
    www.mdc.edu/archives/wolfson-archives/

Perhaps I missed something or another source.

I've looked everywhere for this one and it seems to have vanished, I wonder if the reels were taped over? Or sold or were just sitting in the backroom after WITV shut down... Hopefully someone will archive "Going Places" on net one day and we will find episode with tour of the park, but seems at the moment what would be some absolutely amazing footage remains buried... "The Magic Globe" is another lost one that was filmed at Rock Gate later on and also we are missing some Fox Movietone footage of Ed's Place...