Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rock Gate/Coral Castle Information and Photos - Various Articles from 1950+

Complete articles which are useful in describing Rock Gate over the years

Comments

• A nice picture of Eds tool room from 1973

• A year before Ed passed away

• Interesting enough, a month later a similar article was published with different captions

• Ghost of a Dead Romance

• Awesome! Thank you for posting these. Notice in the "famous homes" picture, Ed's sculpture still looks in tact the shells do not appear to be broken, hard to see but very cool :)
  • Wow, that Bill Barry was a hell of a writer! And it looks like that grinding machine was exactly that
  • A picture of a phonograph. A new way of smoking. Reminds me of the last time my photo was in the paper and a woman's head was in my hand if you held the page to the light. Someone years ago showed me how to type set the two pages to reveal a hidden message in the story. By using two different stories. Like the movie about Joule's Vern using different books together made a detailed map with a partial drawing in each book. Never store your eggs in one basket. Eastern star ad on the right which is a order of the masons. 38 hi-power tools section. Like a 38 revolvers. Interesting.....
  • edited February 2019
    1967 article, records

• 1958 Article, Coral Castle

• edited February 2019
    The Miami News 1966 - good information
    The few photos that exist show " Eds Books " are nailed to a board, and a few of them are catalogues for radio equipment.
    In this article is states..there were many books on his neat shelf of Mathematics and Astrology.
    Great!

• Nov 1 1957 - Tampa Tribune
    Top Left Corner , under " Would Like Books "

It appears " A Book in Every Home " was hard to come by near this time frame?
    or wasn't easily accessible
  • Sunday March 21 1954

• @dante - awesome posts man! Thanxs a lot for finding them out.
  • The Gaberdine Tropicals advert whiffs of Ed. "The Sun shines gently on" with some interesting shapes/symbols.
  • @Ones65118
    George Hunt Williamson
    So far this is the first account of someone mentioning UFO or aliens relating to Coral Castle

George Hunt Williamson has an obscure background, having several different names and working for the government at one point. He has authored several books.