Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Edward Leedskalnin - 2nd photo of him with his flywheel

Comments

• ---So is a coiled bottle a choke or a capacitor? Or is it both.
    From what I am reading, it is both. It can only hold a pre-determined charge based on it's inner structure
    -- I know there is a MIT video showing the charge is stored in the glass not the metal plates
    This leads me to believe a lattice or crystalline structure of glass. If we made in a larger scale from weaving together a crystalline material , and push a Magnetic Current through, would some patterns be better than others? Weaving patterns
    Thanks g11, this has inspired me

• Most of the time I tried coiling a wine glass this is the mess I would get if I didn't keep tension on the wire as it climbed the base. Where I also discovered bee's wax verses paraffin wax. Tensioning the wire with a block of bee's wax makes the wire sticky and you are more likely to reach the apex of the glass without having to respool most of the coil. Always make sure the glass rings by rubbing your finger around the rim.

I was told this one rung at 850 to 860 hertz. I always wanted to use two different types of wire to see if the sound would produce current. One day I might be able to sit for hours and coil another glass and see if a single coil produced current when the glass vibrates. Probably very small if any.
    showing the charge not being the plates but on the glass.
  • I remember you posting this in the past. I will watch the video
    The wire keeps the flow continuous?
    The wire Ed used was uninsulated, wouldn't this make an ineffective capacitor?
  • @dante

I've not experimented with iron wire coils, but Ed does mention it in MC. He doesn't go into detail about their uses, but may be referring to the bottles. If there was only one wrap across the bottle he may not have needed insulation.

"Maybe you think that it is not fair to use iron wire to demonstrate how magnetic currents are made, but I can tell you that if I do not use iron core in the coil I can make more of the magnetic currents with soft iron wire coil than I can with copper wire coil, so you see it is perfectly good to use iron wire to demonstrate how magnetic currents are made. You can do the same thing with the copper wire in using iron filings, but only on a smaller scale".
  • @Ones65118

Amazing! What is that thing she is holding?
  • Amazing pictures!!
  • A truly amazing find Dante, I wonder if the guide in the picture is named Kay..... Beautiful picture with some very interesting clues... I am thinking of making a video on what I have found here if Dante does not mind me using these pictures @Magnetic_Universe I am uncertain of what she is holding there it may have went with the wheel
  • @dante Someone mentioned years ago a story about PMH's encased in a glass matrix, the claim went on to say some of these were dug up on the park grounds....
  • @Ones65118
    It must be something remarkable or dynamic based on her expression.
  • I will post more of her
    Thanks for asking @Ones, by all means go for it!
    Looking forward to your analysis!
  • @dante Here is a quick video... More of her would be great!

• This goes with the article showing the lady beside the flywheel
  • Ones65118 said:

@dante Here is a quick video... More of her would be great!

That's a good comparison @Ones
    Battery power perhaps with the bottle

• Once again great pictures! Note the "D" on the Obelisk is missing in 1956 so it was removed sometime before hmm
  • There was a tiny article stating that vandals went to destroy Rock Gate Park, I will see if I can find it.

Another article with the same woman

Not certain if this is the same lady