Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2/3 Scale Perpetual Motion Holders For Sale

I just finished a run of 2/3 scale Perpetual Motion Holders. These are more practical freestanding desktop versions that can perform all the same functions as full size versions. Without the wire these unites weigh approximately 7.5lbs.

The additional coil includes a core of the same length to perform Leedskalnin's AC tests and his Best Machine demonstrations.

If you would like to wind your own coils (includes the 3 spools and additional core piece) the cost for units without the wire is $300 including shipping inside the US..

For units with the coils the cost is $500 including shipping inside the US. The main 4" coils are wound with 16 gauge magnet wire. The extra coil is wound with 28 gauge magnet and is used to perform Leedskalnin's experiments highlighted in Magnetic Current.

These units were water-jetted out of 1" plate cold-rolled steel. The faces were then machined to save on polishing time... The spools are cut and lathed by me using 6061 aluminum.

If you're interested in purchasing one contact matt@magneticuniverse.com

Comments

• Wow Matt!
    That's one impressive PMH!
    Very nice job...
  • Thanks! It still needs some polishing. I will post another pic once the coils are wound.
  • Nice! They look good :)
  • @Magnetic_Universe What would be the difference if that metal is water jetted or if it would be a straight bar bent accordingly?
    What about the material structure in thise two cases?
  • edited February 2018
    Thank you @Ones65118 !

@Gardener

I've wondered this myself and it would be interesting to test one of each to see if there are any notable differences. Obviously there is some difference because the structure is being stretched when bent. Here is an interesting article on the subject:
    http://www.cmrp.com/blog/faq/crystalline-structure-grain-direction-and-its-importance-when-bending-polycrystalline-materials.html

I've made several of these over the years, but all out of plate either milled or waterjetted. Soft iron of Ed's day is hard to come by in the US so I've always used cold rolled steel. The difference in hardness between these two is another thing to ponder. Soft iron it seems would have an easier job of pushing the magnets out leaving no residual magnetism at all. With cold rolled there is small amount of remaining magnetism, but it can be easily removed by zapping the unit with opposite charge.

These rather large 1.5" C shapes I made to demonstrates Ed's atomic model have a tremendous bonding effect. In this arrangement it's basically a circular PMH, but I call it my homemade particle accelerator.

It's hard to tell if the exceptional bonding is simply due to the overall mass, or because it's a more gradual curve than a normal U shape PMH...
  • How does compass react when circular one is charged?
  • Let me get back to you on that

• I've been charging these arcs with one coil... The compass needle will move gradually as you move from pole to pole along either arc depending on the position of the coil when the charge was induced. One pole can be made more powerful than the other by sliding the coil closer to it. If the charge was induced at the equator of the arc then the poles are equal in strength.

• Very interesting, Thank you :) Does the compass do a full spin when placed in the center and charge is induced?
  • No it doesn't although I need to do a few more tests. With continuous power to the coil it polarizes shown below. I seem to recall the the arc of PMH (when upside down) causing the a compass to do full spin when continuous power was applied to the coils. Maybe not my old timers is kicking in and will have to retest this too

• I have had the compass do a full spin between the prongs of PMH with a quick charge (prongs down) , whereas continuous power seems to polarize ... Still more experimenting needs to be done here too :)
  • edited December 2021
    Here again is the first unit of 15 with an 80 grit polish.
  • Getting closer, just needs a few final touches...

• The coils look tight.
    Sweet pro work.
    A nice picture to behold.