Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ed's flywheel and polarity of its magnets?

edited March 2013 in Edward Leedskalnin
Hi,
could anyone please give me info on polarity and arrangement of the flywheel magnets?

thanx

Comments

• Yes, it is an alternator so it's nsnsnsnsns around the wheel.

All the best,
    experimentor
  • Hi @experimentor
    thanx for answer. So this one should be correct?

• Yes, That's correct, nsnsnsns. Also, each magnet is "V" shaped and the ends are forced to the like pole of the next magnet. There are five of these V magnets stacked on top of each other in each column. They are cemented in place with what looks like concrete or mortar mix. I believe that these magnets came from either a Model A or Model T Ford automobile's transmissions. They are made out of iron and some of them are so weak now that they will only barely move a compass needle.

I had counted 24 poles on the alternator before but never associated that with a 15 degree gap. 24, like the number 12 seems fairly significant.

Have you ever seen the photo with the little black box that the magnets would spin by? If not, I'll try to find it and post a copy here.

Are you developing any theories regarding Ed's work?

All the best,

Experimentor
  • What is the significance of the ring in the center with 4 lobes and four points. How did you determine where north was located.
  • Hi Tvrepair,
    i didn't determine the north in that image.
    That image i found in internet and used it as an example.
  • What is the significance of the ring in the center with 4 lobes and four points. How did you determine where north was located.
    Hi Tvrepair,

The center lobes with 4 points has no significance other than it's just part of the construction. The flywheel is metal (including the magnets) encased in concrete. So the center lobe is just part of the skeleton of the contraption.

I'm not sure if this is what you meant by "determining north", but I took a compass with me when I was there and held it to the ends of the magnets to see that they were laid out nsnsns.
  • I am sorry 0 or north is labeled at the bottom I was curious about why. Ed's theories explained some things I have seen in the past working in high voltage tv's.
  • I am sorry 0 or north is labeled at the bottom I was curious about why. Ed's theories explained some things I have seen in the past working in high voltage tv's.
    Interesting! Which are those things, please?
  • edited August 2017

It's an oscillator of earth's magnetic field.

Works?