Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Copyright, 1936, by Ed L

Where we are
Ed's ABIEH is an amazing puzzle, and his copyright page is no exception. Here's a place to ramble my thoughts about it, and collect some ideas I have together for yall and for me. Basically, if you dont think Im totally nuts, come along and I'll dissect pieces as I see fit. If youre a skeptic about ed's 'code' than thats great, I'm not here to convince you, and I like you just the way you are. I find great joy in seeing what you dwon't. I presume if youre still reading, youre paying attention up to this point, and youve read all the propers, edl, edm, sengA.
So looking at ABIEH's cover, again, what's fun about the cover, everything. Ed's standing on the word 'seed' from what I can tell, and beside his right leg is half of saturn, s at turn by edm.
I just posted the art composition book my friend DB gave me, and if you break ed's pic down, it can be halved and halved again, into an appx 4x4 grid, if you do this, ed occupies about 1/4 of the left side, and 3/4 of that 'column' of 4, appx 3 of the 16 part grid. That may not be so interesting but 2, 3, and 4 are all part of ed's puzzle here. Ed divides lots of everything by 3 and 4. His polaris telescope for example is a circle divided into 4 wedges.
Again, sticking with the 4x4 grid, which isn't exactly a square, but for all intents here, its a 4x4 square.
Lets look at the large crescent, besides ed, and the title, it's the 3rd focal point of the pic. Let's just understand that a C is 3/4 of a circle now.It's simple, O, circle, C, 3/4 circle, or 3/4 circumference of a circle.
Interesting that his large 'C' takes up appx 4 squares on ed's 4x4 grid, 1/4. And it's a visual of a 3/4 circle, and just fallen off of it, is the moon fountain crescent, interestingly, about a 1/4 circle.
Again, sticking with this theme, we all have seen the triangle on the wall with the 4 in it. Is it a triangle? or a 1/4 wedge of ed's circle?
If so, does the message on the cover read 'C 4 key' ? I think you get it by now.
So for now, what else is interesting... ed is interesting for sure, waiting for his bride, in his good suit. He did everything for her, his other half, she completed him. So it helps to think in terms of 2, one for ed, and one for agnes. But, then again, ed planned for a family, hi built a crib of his future baby as well, and as 1 becomes 2, and 2 become 1 more, then we have 3, and this is the basics of the fibonacci sequence as well.
So since we're at the beginning of ed's books, he wrote this one first, maybe we should start at the beginning of ed's park as well?
Also, ed wrote ABIEH back at ed's place, where he left his big monolith, and his ADM sign, allegedly. Well, the ADM sign is at CC now, and you'll walk by it before you get to the gate. It goes with ABIEH, so dont forget to bring a dime. You will need one, ed says so at the gate.
And maybe a compass, and straightedge. I didn't even discuss the copyright page yet.

Comments

• edited March 2016
    @poughkeepsieblue I like the way U think ,

• And I like the way you think as well, I gave you a bad rap, and I'm sorry.
    A Book In Every Home
    what book can be found in every home, at about 1936. Yeah, the Bible you can come out and say it, or are you one of those antigod types? Better get over that before the crust shifts again. John, didn't I say ed occupies about 3:16 of the pic?
    What other books? In your home... a phone book? A family album? A matchbook? I totally agree, a book of playing cards as well.
    Did you bring your dime? I said you'll need one.
    ADM 10c
    DROP BELOW
    Check it out, but don't put your dime in that pipe, hang on to it for now, the ADMission is higher anyway.
    So much information... that 10c, the 1 kinda looks like an arrow huh? and that c(ent) mark, cents as in money, or as in music? Not sure? Its not like ed ever mentions music, or does he? What if you take the 3rd letter of A Book In Every Home? oivym, backwards myvio but ed couldnt mean a violin right.
    Unless we look at his ADM sign, and yank his signature from BELOW
    B EL OW
    BOW
    DROP BOW
    violin bow? or bow and arrow? there is an arrow on the sign
    what about a bow compass? ed mentions compasses alot, doesnt he. Could ed be into circles and geometry? Yes of course. the sign itself is a six pointed star, and the simplest way to make a six pointed star is with a compass to make a flower of life, or a genesis flower.

But geometry takes us into math now. So lets talk about that. First, basic geometry, especially with a compass and straightedge is greek, classical greek. But ed doesnt mention anything mathematical or greek, right?
    Well, ADM, is 1 4 13, alphabetically, or 13 14 continuing this pattern, before would be 12 and after would be 15. But ADM, could be 1 4 4 (1+3), and 144 is the square of 12. The square of 15 is 225, or BBE, but only BE appears on the ADM sign.
    Also, perhaps the Cent symbol isn't a cent symbol at all? In my business that is a center mark. Or, it could represent a magnet looping around a wire, like ed's yin yang kind of looks like too. Or an incomplete greek phi letter.
    Well, the ADM sign and the 1936 copyright are both tied together, so it's ok that we find so much greek and geometry and math in ed's clues. I mean, greek and math go hand in hand, like pi 3.14, and phi 1.618, and tau 6.28, gamma function, all greek letters, and symbols in math. but lets stay simple for now, kind of, and look more.
    DROP, seems to be kind of boring, but ed reverses things, PROD. This seems to be short for 'product integral', back to calculus again, and that integral sign. Go ahead and check if math doesnt regularly interest you. Product integral is written as a large capital greek pi. This should be important because like I said ed left 3 integral signs, and edm put one on the cover of his book.
    But back to greek, edm mentions on his page 19 "So much Greek!" and again on page 20 he repeats himself again. He also mentions edl's page 19 in abieh. Lets remember that the 19th greek letter is T or tau, which is 2xpi, and the 16th letter is pi; circumference:diameter, and Tau, split down the 'center' is a greek Gamma, remember that when we're hunting greek later... there's so much! We've mentioned circles, and squares some, and ed loved the greek problem of squaring the circle.
    More greek before we get to ed's copyright, I did say I would get there sometime, but look at ed's at work picture.
    Why edl at work?
    or Y edl at work
    starting to look more like a problem in magnetic physics
    or turn over the book, a Y or a greek lambda?
    Or the title page after the pictures, which is technically the 4th page, but also the 2nd page after the cover, or -3 if youre counting back from page 1. The page with 153 characters on it, the number of fish in the net, the number of the vesica pisces, or triangular 17. Guess thats greek 2 times.
    Oh and one more greek reference, get that dime back out of your pocket, not that roosevelt piece of copper crap, throw that one on the scrap pile and get that nice silver one out, the mercury dime.
    Dont put it in that pipe in the sign, i told you. Maybe forget the dime, and put it back in your pocket and go ring the bell, twice. Bells have a sound bow as well. Funny thing, if you look up a bell on the net, all of it's parts, ed mentions in ABIEH. Rings, another word for circle?
    still not to the copyright yet
  • Divide into 4.
    Ed used division of 3 and 4 all over CC. For instance, the crosshairs in the polaris scope, the polaris scope that says 1940, or AID O on it. And just as a reminder, 7129, or ed's first number is the 914th prime number. IAD.
    Ever Notice the mars stone is actually just a quarter wedge. How about the 4 leaf clover ring on ed's generator. Or the raised curb of the moon fountain, which is appx a quarter of its circumference. This could be easily checked with a tape measure, if anyone wants to measure the length of the raised curb against the diameter. I've never done it, and the curb only LOOKS like 1/4, so I could be wrong.
    Dont forget page 25 of ABIEH, where ed mentions 'fifty per cent' and 'money'. Is ed talking about a 25 cent piece? Or a 50 cent piece? Or a Silver dollar? Ed does ask you to send him a dollar.
    But in MC there is another 1/4 theme in the first line.
    "you read it, you look east"
    or U read it U look east
    U looking east is C
    and EAST could be E as T
    U read ie U look T as E, if you used the clue as substitution
    ie is latin for 'it is' that's interesting
    Ed used latin before as a clue. Just shift all the capitol letters on his "See" ROCK GATE postcard, and x he will lead you. Shift it one to see "See" become TFF, and TFF is the first letters of the first 3 paragraphs in MC. Capitol letters. The rest you'll figure out if you want to "See". But the postcard is another tale of its own, and I didn't discover that, my good friend did, but the latin relates here, so we'll be back to that perhaps someday, in his 8000 word booklet, thats many more words than 8000.
    so, U read ie C look T as E
    one more thing, T as E
    or 20 as 5... still quartering things here again. And back to that C being 3/4. And if you still dont believe me, O is 15, again another connection to the circle and 3/4, although a little backwards.
    The 5 languages ed spoke... English, Latvian, Greek, Hebrew and Latin. I haven't found any Russian yet, but I know absolutely nothing about it, nothing, so if anyone has, I would like to "See" it.
    He spoke Latvian and english out of necessity, and hebrew and greek to make bible decoding easier, and I presume latin to read all the good stuff in between.

Finally, meandering over to the copyright page of ABIEH.
    COPYRIGHT, 1936,
    By Edward Leedskalnin
    course, the yinyang appears below it with it's triangles.
    From the cover, this is page 6. Or from the first page, it's page 4. Interestingly, ed was 64 when he died, and 64 is 4 cubed. If you accept the cover of ABIEH as being divided into a 4x4 grid, and then projected it back in 3 dimensions, again, you would have a 64 cube, cube. 64 is 8x8 square like the chessboard. Ed is the king, and agnes is his queen, she can move anywhere in 8 directions, up to 7 spaces.
    There are also 64 Hexagrams in the I Ching, With the yinyang it fits right in to the theme, as does the hexagram, as six points are made with 7 circles. It seems like we're going in number circles arent we? But we are not, ed is making more and more connections to the circle and the square. 1 circle, becomes 2 circles, the vesica pisces, then where they meet, 5 more are constructed, for 7. From there a hexagram can be made with a square as well. The square divided into 4 parts, as can the circle into 4 wedges, and divided again into 8 with the square. On the cover of edm's book, he divides his drawn square into 8 wedges of a circle within a square of 4, but who's to say this 4x4 square doesn't project out to 8x8, or more? There is a starburst next to it with 16 points, like ed's steel door. 16 wedges would be gotten by dividing the circle a 3rd time, but a square divided a 3rd time is 64. Ever see a masonic floor? Even better, ever build a house? Multiples of 8 and 16 are standard layout numbers in the carpenters craft. No doubt, trades were originally organized and standardized by the masons. Even though ed was a brilliant polymath, he was like most of us, a blue collar guy who understood the value of hard work, but he also worked smarter, not harder when he could.
    Since we are talking about trades, and I have gone over 3's, 4's and even 5's I should probably mention the pythagorean triangle. I use it everytime I frame a roof (unless it's a 12L12 in which case I like to use sqrt2 personally). The 345 triangle is an important mason's symbol, again relating to the trades, and would it surprise you that it could be fit into ed's yinyang pic either intentionally or coincidentally?

Ed uses millimeters. Keep it in mind.
    12.JPG 66.9K
  • Before I comment , would like to know --

"I gave you a bad rap"

why ?

• When you recently came around, I accused you of some bad habits based on what my friend Dave experienced with you in the past. This is of course, second hand information, and hearsay, I should have known better. It was quite rude of me.
    I simply dont know you well enough to form any negative opinion of you. In fact, I have a positive opinion of you, I like you charlie. I'm sorry.
  • based on what my friend Dave experienced with you in the past.

allrighty then ' ----- looking at your writing style , I know which Dave are you referring to

Just remember --- people won't just hand over their knowledge they've spent years of countless hours (right or wrong) to anyone on the net , just for asking.

Matt and I had a few disagreements over the years , but look at him now -- he aged too , gracefully and got smarter :)

It is all good --- forget about it ! --- Now , it will take some time to digest your number crunching posts , that is far out , but I am sure it makes sense ....

• Good point, we never hand it over, we post it in long confusing number rolls like this, and let the gold miners sift thru the silt.
    I love the guy, he taught me alot, a lot. He also taught me about the power of knowledge, and to share freely. Yeah, I worked hard to find a good amount of this stuff, but the real satisfaction for me is the 'eureka' moments. I share because I simply dont have the experience, or education to put anything ed teaches me to good use. I'm not an electrician, or a radio guy, ora physicist, I'm a simple high school drop out, and a woodworker and burnout. I'm sure ed would be proud of how far ive come on so little.
    But I believe knowledge is power, and kinda like the old tesla deathray rumors, I prefer to scatter parts of the knowledge everywhere, so no one grows too strong with it. I'll also forget it if I dont write it down, cause I'm toast...

Then again, you know if you hand people the key to the world, most will look at it, shake your hand, say "wow, that's nice" and throw it in the back of their sock drawer.This entire post is a fine example, as are most of my long winded threads. I'm dropping gold all over the floor, and youre the only one here thinking about picking it up. Typical, if people dont find it themselves, they just dont believe it.
    And I prefer that. When they want the knowledge as much as they want their next breath, they'll understand, and figure out the missing parts themselves. I'm here because Socrates held my head underwater, and explained it to me.
    That's why ed's knowledge is so well hidden, you can lay it bare, but if you dont want to see it, it doesnt even exist. Brilliant coding system.
  • copyright page... like jack p says, drinking from the firehose, number crunching? I aint even gotten started yet...
    This page has 34 characters on it. If you count only the type. 37 if you include the yinyang and triangles.
    34 is fibonacci.
    Anything divided by 37 gives a repeating decimal of 3 digits.
    37 is a hexagon number. Circles squares and hexagrams everywhere. 37 is a star hexagram number as well. And the area of the 345 triangle is 6 of course.
    How about 1936, or, 1 triangle, with angles 90 degrees, 30 degrees, 60 degrees.
    Back to building, extend out the 345 triangle to 12 inches, and it's a 9L12 pitch. 9/12 is .75, or 3/4 again. Any 345 pitch is that by ratio of course. Extending a 345 triangle out to a 9, 12, 15 triangle, again multiplies by 3, and calculate it's area = 54 or ED. 345 triangles and 30, 60, 90 triangles arent the same though.
    369 triangles are all about hexagons of course, but 345 triangles and angles are all about a perfect square. Ed's triangles aren't equilateral of course, they are based on a square, as their height and width are the same, not the perimeter.
    a 345 triangle's angles are tan-1x(3/4) = 36.86 and tan-1x(4/3) = 53.13.
    A square of 8mm, divided into 2 rectangles, 4mm by 8mm, and then halved by a diagonal has the angle of tan-1x(1/2) =26.565. Multiply that by 2, by putting the 2 rectangles together, and you get 53.13, or the larger angle of the 345 triangle. But you can clearly see that above. What you might not see, is ed's triangles are 8mm high and 8mm across, so the side lengths are 8xsqrt5/2=8.944, almost 9mm, and sqrt5/2 diagonal of a half square is the basis of the golden rectangle, phi or the golden ratio is best calculated as (sqrt5+1)/2. So ed's triangles, are based on the base of golden rectangles.
    But that's not all related to this page, alot of it is just fun math that entertains and amazes me.
    So let me repeat myself with the text.
    COPYRIGHT
    C O PY RIGHT
    I said I would repeat myself, there's the C or 3/4 circle, the O, a full circle, and py or pi; 3.14... right?
    If you write pi without the decimal; 314, and stretch out the 1 a little bit, my handwriting is so sloppy you know; 3/4. I didnt mention yet, the obvious that 3/4 backwards is D/C. I wonder though, if ed means C O as 3/4? Or the missing piece; 1/4. Perhaps he means C as 3/4 and O as 1, for 7/4, or 1 3/4? Maybe he even means C as 3, and O as 15, dividing a circle into 5 parts or a pentagon... or 3 maybe is 1/4 of a 12 circle, and O or 15 is 5/4? 5/4... E/D. Who knows. Is this called decoding?
    There's some more math to be found if we want to consider R as radius or radians. Almost every english letter is used in math and science notation, but the word RIGHT has some very curious ones.
    R-radius/radians or in EM, resistance
    I- current
    G-gravity
    H- H magnetic field
    T- time
    wanna include "By"
    B- B magnetic field
    y- or an upside down lambda, which denotes wavelength
    I'm not saying there's an equation here, mostly because I dont know enough to be certain of it, but curiouser and curiouser.
    For a moment let's step away from the math, but stay within the realm of Macedonia. More greek? How about the New Testament of the bible? It's written entirely in greek. And the most prolific writer of the new testament was Paul the apostle... but he was Roman, maybe roman and greek cross lines somewhere? Indeed, they worshipped the same gods. With different names. Ed was also into norse mythology as well, wait till I show you where he hid 'Odin I owe you' and Thor, and so much more math, lots and lots of math. I love mathematics...
  • sohsoh
    edited April 2016

Good point, we never hand it over, we post it in long confusing number rolls like this, and let the gold miners sift thru the silt.
    I love the guy, he taught me alot, a lot. He also taught me about the power of knowledge, and to share freely. Yeah, I worked hard to find a good amount of this stuff, but the real satisfaction for me is the 'eureka' moments. I share because I simply dont have the experience, or education to put anything ed teaches me to good use. I'm not an electrician, or a radio guy, ora physicist, I'm a simple high school drop out, and a woodworker and burnout. I'm sure ed would be proud of how far ive come on so little.
    But I believe knowledge is power, and kinda like the old tesla deathray rumors, I prefer to scatter parts of the knowledge everywhere, so no one grows too strong with it. I'll also forget it if I dont write it down, cause I'm toast...

Then again, you know if you hand people the key to the world, most will look at it, shake your hand, say "wow, that's nice" and throw it in the back of their sock drawer.This entire post is a fine example, as are most of my long winded threads. I'm dropping gold all over the floor, and youre the only one here thinking about picking it up. Typical, if people dont find it themselves, they just dont believe it.
    And I prefer that. When they want the knowledge as much as they want their next breath, they'll understand, and figure out the missing parts themselves. I'm here because Socrates held my head underwater, and explained it to me.
    That's why ed's knowledge is so well hidden, you can lay it bare, but if you dont want to see it, it doesnt even exist. Brilliant coding system.

I think there are others with this knowledge who have never heard of ED and if they wanted they could have publicised it in a plain manner but nobody is doing that and I am sure there must be a reason for that (which I obviously don't understand)

I see much gold, not only here but it seems to be everywhere, in the farthest reachest of the planet, much of it in places where it seems out of place but I still don't get why its there, even less why I am being shown it as I don't seem to have any need of it. I don't want to cast a golden calf.
  • edited April 2016
    poughkeepsieblue --- good , now I like you too :smile:

Most of us didn't have an easy life and it made us smarter on the long run . It is easy to build something with a lots of money ---- but to build something from nothing is genius . Ed got his education on his own , ( me too ) by making free time to read a lot , instead of chasing fame & fortune .

This is the reason only a few of us understand what is he talking about ,

"Now, if you lack willingness to learn, you will remain as a brute and if you do things that are not good and right, you will be a low person, and if you believe in things that cannot be proved, any feeble minded person can lead you, and if you lack appreciation, it takes away the incentive for good doing and if you lack self control you will never know the limit.
    So all those lacking these characteristics in their makeup are not educated." Ed.L

Don't be afraid to " cast your pearls before swine " (Matthew 7:6) --- it is safe and an obligation ---- Ed likes it that way --- you' ve earned a few brownie points too :smile: --- just don't go nuts 'tho ---- Ed is proud of us , self-educated ones ---take my word on that one

• "just don't go nuts 'tho"
    Seriously? I am clearly nuts.
    Yes I do feel obligated to cast my pearls at swine, and my crown before my lord.
    I'll keep casting brasse and iron at the feet of the goats though... i wonder if they notice that i notice they notice, and are trying to notice if ive noticed theyre trying to keep me from noticing they noticed. I wonder.
  • Ok , we' ll try a different approach later --- my wife wanna' go for breakfast ---

all is good , just relax --- you're ok in my book --- give me a couple of hours ---I am hungry :)

• Since the topic of sound came up, and sound would just be vibration, how about the biggest vibrations on earth? Seismic waves. Food for thought, but seismic waves have a primary and secondary as well. They also have their own special mathematics, I find it very interesting there are 'Love' waves. developed by A.E.H. Love, coincidentally. Ed sure talks about lovemaking in A (bi) E H.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seismic_wave
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_wave

When I first saw this, it reminded me of agnes's valentine. I don't know if this is what ed intended, but if you go to 6:50sec, and z^5+c, it looks like ed's clover. And at 7:00 min, you'll see the circle that rolls around the large circle is 1/4 it's size... it's so fractally practically hearts and tables.

A little break from my greek and bible thumping. Sorry, you never escape the math.
  • The orange one reminds me of the top view of something else , facing left.
  • "Ed was also into norse mythology as well, wait till I show you where he hid 'Odin I owe you' and Thor, and so much more math, lots and lots of math."

@poughkeepsieblue Love this. Norse mythology is one of my obsessions.

Was doing some research earlier and thought you might find it interesting.

Odin’s quest for wisdom is never-ending, and he is willing to pay any price, it seems, for the understanding of life’s mysteries that he craves more than anything else. On one occasion, he hanged himself, wounded himself with his spear, and fasted from food and drink for nine days and nights in order to discover the runes.

On another occasion, he ventured to Mimir’s Well – which is surely none other than the Well of Urd – amongst the roots of the world-tree Yggdrasil. There dwelt Mimir, a shadowy being whose knowledge of all things was practically unparalleled among the inhabitants of the cosmos. He achieved this status largely by taking his water from the well, whose waters impart this cosmic knowledge.

When Odin arrived, he asked Mimir for a drink from the water. The well’s guardian, knowing the value of such a draught, refused unless the seeker offered an eye in return. Odin – whether straightaway or after anguished deliberation, we can only wonder – gouged out one of his eyes and dropped it into the well. Having made the necessary sacrifice, Mimir dipped his horn into the well and offered the now-one-eyed god a drink.[

Lots of parallels to Ed? Note the water well and 'cosmic' knowledge.

Can't find it now, but did find a picture of Odin's shield with what looks like particle alignments, also in the fibonacci series. There was three, one, then two. Be better if I had the picture. Will re-post when I find it.