Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Perpetual Motion Holder

A few of Paulo's latest. Copyright © 2012. Leedskalnin.com and Paulo Gomez. All rights reserved.

Comments

• matt - it appears to me that the perpetual motion holder must be using gravity as its source of energy - these tiny magnets that leedskalnin say are moving into the earth (i call them photons in my book) contain energy and the little battery you connected may have initiated the motion into momentum which the gravitational particles then help to maintain as the move down into the earth. i know this comment may not sound like much because there is alot to magnetics that is not currently understood. my opinion that i touch on briefly in my book is that magnetism comes from the spinning of the aether or a vortex in the aether, whereas gravity is the flow of the aether and avoidance of any vacuum in the aether.
  • edited September 2012
    What you theorize here about the aether is also mentioned in this book, would you agree?
    http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Davidson.pdf

I also must say that we are perpetual motion holders ourselves and as Ed would state we continue our supply of magnets by ingesting food which is taken apart by the acid in our stomachs thus releasing the magnets and liberating them elsewhere...
  • Mike, is that you? I apologize for my delayed response here guys. Please continue without me for the time being. I'm in the midst of a move, but I'm gearing up for a good discussion under this topic.
  • edited October 2012
    *edit*

Shape Power - was actually about to get into that one

There is an anonymous informant who mentions how the pyramids are related to electricity in the Project Avalon "Rulers of the World" vid posted on youtube. He goes into it at 1hr 45mins in, and 2hrs. One person I've seen do a lot of work with shapes (tetrahedrons, pyramids) is Les Brown, who died in the 90s. I thought you all might be interested.

The "anonymous informant" Charles also said somewhere that there are groups who want to build replica pyramids in China. I think the one problem with most people trying to understand/experiment is they overlook the fact it is filled with a lot of mass with a hollow center, and 2 thin shafts that go all the way to the outside. Magnetite crystals being an octahedron found naturally might be another clue, I mean isn't the PMH itself a specific shape that influences the energy around it?

We'll probably see more research in the future, hopefully.

• Ed's "God particle" found.. this is a current news-related link that will probably vanish.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/sciencefair/2013/03/14/higgs-boson-science-universe/1987039/

Anyways.. it is "called" into the magnet with the introduction of "flow" by the electro-magnets on the iron core. Inducing magnetic flow till released, then the collapsing magnetic field in the copper coils with iron center releases the circulating energy back into the "bulb" as per Ed describes..

With the "old" auto points ignition, in the sixties I was amazed to learn it was not the application of power that fired the coil, it was the dropping of it when the points opened, the capacitor "holding" the spark duration of a sufficient time to lengthen and complete the collapsing magnetic field in the coil and helping to protect the points from burning as they arced and opened.

Pyramids, I can rattle on for a hour.. they had a coating on them of plaster, insulation, had a stream underneath creating a "power storage capacitor".. power generated on this type of "semi magnetic" flow. I am currently investigating "charged water" and may build a fountain in my living room to simulate this. Lord Kelvin's thunderstorm..
  • Here's Jason Verbelli's take on PMH.
    Jason also shows nicely, how to wire the coils properly.

• Questions? Trying to work this out in my head here.

To fabricate the bar into a horse shoe? you'd use a 3" round heel and wrap the 1 1/2" square around it? (3"+1 1/2" thickness x 2) A former for a hydraulic die would then have to be real close to 6" wide to get a form that ended up at overall 6" on outside?

Core weight of 13lbs. My Machinery's handbook (weights and values) states that the square bar weighs 6.008lbs per foot, and I suppose this accounts for a core bar length of 2.16378 feet, or 25.965379 inches. (26")

Is there a reason the coil form was not Lengthened to obtain the full number of wraps? I read that the copper 14 gauge without enamel is diameter .0641 16ga is .0508.. I calculate (guess) that the enameling would add a few thousandths to the overall diameter. You can then calculate the appropriate length of aluminum core to include all the turns.

Most the transformers I have demo'ed over the years, there is a layer of "varnish" cambric tape upon the metal, sometimes shellac'ed paper, then the form'ed coil over the square bar is slid over the armature. If perhaps he did "require" aluminum? why not use a aluminum soda can for the first layer? This would give a closer magnetic level transfer to the bar. (thou the one in the video works extremely well.) If the unit is indeed used as a "tuning fork" to on oscillate at a specific frequency then the composition of the iron bar comes into play in any harmonic dampening of the direct wrap method for the copper wire?

Since the end purpose is ideally unknown? Does it work with the magnetic wheel as a generator?

A Tesla patent on wireless energy transmission, (his coil would like the ideal shape of the magnetic field almost drove me insane) trying to figure out how it worked.. it was there in drawings.. in print on how it worked.. what it was.. a tuning fork with points attached to the ends to create AC from the earth's dc plates (sub level and antennae) and the "electrician" would strike the tuning fork with a wooden mallet, once the transformer came into "harmony" the points on the tuning fork would hold the
    arc level to where the transformer continued the frequency.. This was a creative way to drive the coil when at that time there was no timing circuitry or mosfets. (logic level transistors) He utilized his "earthquake" machine to set the frequency, and the 60 foot "tesla" tower in Colorado Springs to transmit the power bringing the earth's potential into his "tuning". You have to remember the air is extremely dry in Colorado Springs Co and able to conduct static discharge easier than here in the humid south. That experiment also got him out of the area when the local power plant went up in smoke. (the high voltages arc'ed and blowed out the insulation in the generator akin to high-pot testing or "thumping" the generator coils during leakage testing) You can destroy the insulation during testing if you don't act wisely.

Imagine if He, and Ed had all the modern electronics to do the things that frustrated them in their time? See how lucky you are?
  • edited March 2013
    Two Questions:
    Is the force, holding the "keeper" related to power of the "tap"?
    Is there a maximum holding power limit determined by the mass of the core?

thanx
  • Investigation into this?

A recording scope to store the wave form, then plot it out. A digital multimeter has a "sampling rate" is too slow to properly view the electrical charge stored in the PMH., I too am interested in "charge in" "charge out". Of course the number of turns on the windings will determine the voltage output, just not the stored energy released.

I have a opto22 analog System tied to a computer in my shop, if I ever get one of these PMH's fabricated here. Probably have to do some blacksmithing to forge the U-loop here, I am too cheap to hire anyone or purchase a premade one.

I noticed the Magnetic book by Ed states the coil form is 6", I come up with 112 turns long if you are perfect laying on the winding. Seems it was 13 or 14 layers to achieve the 1500 turns, with a coil depth of 3/4" (I read a lot more than I act, normally around here I re-do about everything three or four times anyways.)

I'd be interested in the Power consumption at 120vac on this coil.. you could loop a 2/0 cable around the iron bar anywhere in the loop, have one coil to spot weld with, while another cooling.. The several spot welders I have built here heat up.. this is a interesting "fix" by Using Ed's design as the power source. Add another use to the project.

• edited April 2013
    "To the Theory of Perpetual Motion Holder"
    Annotation
    The discussed experiment demonstrates the preservation of integrity in a prefabricated construction in the absence of visible fastening forces. It is shown that the experiment can be explained by the fact that a flow of electromagnetic energy appears within the construction. We are considering the conditions in which such flow of electromagnetic energy is maintained for an indefinite length of time.

See the full article here:
    http://lib.izdatelstwo.com/Papers/22.66
  • edited April 2013
    Good stuff. That is actually my original PMH that I made back in 2002. I sent it to Jason a few years ago to experiment with. Having one coil blue and one red is a bit misleading as each coil has two poles. That's why you wire the N pole of one coil to the S pole of the the other and vice versa.

To show that the current circulating in the PMH travels in the same fashion as it does in a wire, Leedskalnin has you hang two vertically hanging magnets above the top bar opposite in polarity. When charged one will swing North and the other South. Like the wire experiment, this proves there are two forces present moving against each other double helically. Since the unit is cold rolled steel this experiment shows only minute effects. If it were soft iron we would see more of a displacement. Incidentally, Leedskalnin suggests that you make the top bar out of soft iron laminates where each laminate will then be opposite in polarity.

• One of the overlooked things, among many, is the instrumentation of the pioneers. Much of what Ed writes seems quaint, even mystical, but in fact he s following cutting edge techniques of the early 1800's. Galvanometers, coils of wire, magnetised needles and strips were all the pioneers used to detect and measure electric and magnetic phenomena.

The making of magnets was a time consuming and costly process so storage was important. Eds PMH follows known principles. But it was the spark that caught his interest.

For a permanent magnet, coils placed and wired as shown by ed around a pair of magnets in storage will also generate a spark when the keeper is removed.

The word flux means a flow of magnetic " current", this flow of magnetic current generates a flow of electric current in the coils , supposedly.

What ed thought was this flow of magnetic current was in fact what was called electric current. The two types of magnetic substance flowing past each other are electric current. They reveal this by creating magnetised needles of soft metal placed at right angles to their flow as electric current.
    In this light the PMH is a reversal of the process. It takes the magnets created at right angles to the flow of electric current and forms them into a closed magnetic loop. Now the escaping magnetic current is trapped in a loop and stays there evn when no electric current is flowing.

On the other hand, the electric wire can be coiled around the magnetic loop and connected so as to orm a continuos path for the so called electric current.

Now when ed set up the PMH he collected all the escaping magnetic current and so did not need to keep the electic current flowering.

Thus he had demonstrated that electric current is two opposing forms of antic current flowing past each other in a vorticular path, spraying off into the environment. He knew because he had collected it into its natural container, a closed loop magnetic current ring of soft iron .

To demonstrate that he had collected what he said he removed the keeper, the magnetic current spilled out into its surroundings, ,mbut nearly all of it flowed back into the electric wire as electric current.

Eds explanation is charming, but hard nosed scientists explain it in tems of electromagnetic induction. Electricity(? What is that ) inducing magnetism(? What is that) and a decaying magnetic field(? What is that) producing an electromotive Force(? What is that) which drives an electric current(? What us tat) through the wires!

Which explanation do you prefer!
  • For some time, these principles were crucial for computer memory cores.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic-core_memory
  • edited November 2013
    An interesting version capturing the magnetic flux.

Ed is correct in describing what actually twists through the conducting wire. It is not electricity it is magnetism.
    Most will learn to confuse this with electrostatic behaviour, but it is pure magnetic behaviour. In the early days it was called animal magnetism when n electric shock was given.

How have we come yo callit an electric current?
    The reason is the Leyden jar. The Leyden jar was defined as a store of electrostatic force. Thus it was assumed it glowed in a conductor. What was never apprehended was that it was a magnetic flow not an electric floe. Arago's showed that rotating metls in the earths magnetic field produced a rotating magnetic field. . The Wilmhurst machine produces a rotating magnetic field, and so do gyroscopes.
    These rotating magnetic fields have been misnamed eddy currents under Len's Law. They are currents of magnetic flux not electric " current".
    Coils of conductor cn harvest nd concentrate these rotating magnetic fields. Different materials can trap or store these rotating fields . When on a conductor the fields flow from nd yo nd in a reflecting tit., but in an insulator, the magnetism is locked between parts of the dielectric material. The stress nd strain in the dielectric produces heat. The dielectric will discharge the magnetic field rotationaly when a conductor is present which allows the twisting to escape.

If the dielectric can release the magnetic rotation quickly we get a flash current, but if slowly we get a steady current. Some dielectrics store the rotting magnetic field as mechanical turning, ome as chemical tension the latter are called electrolytes. Some stores are called cells others are called capacitors.

The Leyden jars were capacitors tht stored this rotating magnetic flux mechanically. But you can make Leyden jars that tore it electrolytically.

What about the electrostatic behaviours?

Firstly, realise all that we have called rev tic is really just magnetic flux in a conductor.
    So what are the so called electrostatic effects or phenomenon?

Remember the Windhurst machine nd the Van de Graff generator both use friction to disturb the surface of certain materials. They disturb existing magnetic stores in materials by rotating them one way faster than another. They store the disturbance within the outer layers of the rubbed materials. Separating the rubbed materials before equilibrium can be reestablished leads to a dielectric with stored rotating magnetic flux. The flux rotates in attractive ways due to the enforced separation. This creates a mirror reflection in the dielectric materials as they are separated.

This is material dependent. In good conductors the rotating fields move too fast to be so separated. But in poor conductors regional separations occur precisely because it takes more time for the rotating flux to permeate.

If you can imagine separating a gyroscope in rotation you can imagine that the spin would be combining in the 2 parts by the impact of the separating force. Friction creates these combined gyres.

Close chemical contact also creates combined gyres.

The attraction and repulsion can be described by these gyroscopic flows.

This means that there are no static "electric charges" at all. Dynamic but regional flows of rotating magnetism can account for the " electric" behaviour.

What bout "Electric induction" into a dielectric?

Small bits of paper and fluff rtc are usually shown to be non magnetic,yet strongly attracted to a dielectric which has these stored magnetic fluxes.

The diamagnetic and paramagnetic descriptions of materials are usually not demonstrated to children. However ver powerful magnetic flows affect every type of material. That a simple rub can establish such powerful fluxes indicates the dynamism of the fluxes involved. If indeed they were static, thn it would be difficult to perceive how a rub could bring the fluxes up to the necessary velocities or angular velocities. But in fact thru are not static, and ths they have huge dynamic ranges. Each region can therefore generate the high flux densities necessary, but these are mistakenly called " ele tric charge".

In a good conductor, the flux is by definition conducted rapidly along the wires in a twist. Therefore the density of flux is less than in a dielectric.

The coiling of a conductor allows this flux density to be intensified in a location. It seems therefore strange that we can tap into that flux density in a dielectric by a simple rub, but the velocity of the twist is so huge that it has little time to impact on surrounding space. However, contain this velocity within a small region and it can be seen that the power is immense.

What all seems strange is how refle tion alone controls this immense power! However, because the power is spheroidal it means that reflection instead of directly opposing it guides it like a bnk can guide a huge flowing river to a very great extent. But rivers do burst their banks, and huge spheroidal flows discharge from the sun !

• The above Leedskalnin model of electricity is not my own, or complete.
    There re several similar models: Neuman gyroscopic model; Ginzburgs helyx and Toryx model; John DePew's latest concept; La Pointes Primer field; Merchants twisting spirals, Russels and Keeleys philosophical and sympathetic models;Maxwells original fluid mr hanical model, but without the primacy given to electri induction or electric current; explanation of Steinmetz versors, and Ivor Catts recent empirical data.
    From the earliest Astrologers who used the spherical or spheroidal model of the universe to the Pythagorean School which encoded this concept in the spherical Arithmoi and the Sacred Geometry, so called, to the Newtonian redaction of Greek mechanical and dynamic theory, especially Apollonius version of the Conics, we have had a reference framework capable of describing these spatial and material dependent phenomenon. The work of Hamilton in terms of Quaternions provided the very first coherent reference fram for Electromagnetism. The more fundamental work of Grassmann provided a detailed ring theoretic method of Analydis and synthesis of dynamic space, which included a general reference frame for Electromagnetism but not fully developed by Grassmann himself due to his untimely death.

The Clifford method of Analysis and synthesis based on Grassmanns work, combined Hamilton's notation into the more abstract terminology of Grassmann to demonstrate how Grassmanns method could encode a Quaternion approach. Clifford died in an untimely matter leaving much unresolved.

The work of the Clifford school has been obscured by their insistence on using mathematical Jargon instead of accessible handles, as Grassmann advised, but they invented the dot product, the cross product( a mistake they now say) and the more general wedge product. .

The British mathematician Arthur Cayley created matrix Theory for Coefficients and encoded the powerful Determinant concept into a popular form that was easier to handle. He drew on the works of Grassmann, and other contributors to elucidate this form of notation.
    The Clifford school have shown that this matrix notation is encoded in the so called Wedge product.

The ideas of Peano. Inspired by Grassmann lead to the Italians Levi and Ricci developing Tensor notation.
    Again the Clifford school has been able to show that this is a development of the Grassmann " multivector" products or the Clifford multivector product which is a combination of various wedge products called blades?

David Hestenes has been the most prominent driving activist for the full development of this Geometric Calculus and Grometric Algebra.

The results of this modern development of the Ancient Greeks dynamic spheroidal model are said to be impressive.

As laymen you would properly feel excluded from this incredibly jargons description. However, do not feel you cannot apprehend it more simply.
    Magnetic toys and gyroscopes, rubber balls and goo balls , soap bubbles and drain whirlpools are as everyday As it gets, and this is all they ever talk about!

Plasma bubbles ,CME's cyclones, anti cyclones are all thes kinds of things.

What has held us back has been the desire of some to capitalise on the power in nature. For that reason they have obscured these simpler observations so they can monetize their inventions based on these principles.

The biggest stumbling block in electromagnetic theory has been illuminated by Ivor Catt. There are no Static " charges" there are no moving "Charges". Charges are not fit for purpose, they obscure the dynamic motion flux in space. This motion flux I have called rotational magnetic flux after the concepts elucidated so charmingly by Ed Leedskalnin.

The very important observation that must be born in mind is the radial expansion of these motion fluxes, and they can radially contract too.