Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Researches on magnetism, electricity, heat, light, crystallization, and chemical.. - Reichenbach

edited September 2015 in Library
Researches on magnetism, electricity, heat, light, crystallization, and chemical attraction, in their relations to the vital force / parts I and II, including the second edition of the first part, corrected and improved

by Reichenbach, Karl, Freiherr von, 1788-1869; Gregory, William, 1803-1858

Published 1850

https://archive.org/details/researchesonmag00greggoog

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Xxx Thankyou for this interesting research into Odyle!

While of course many Electromagnetic theories or treatises were put forth in this era it is not realised that not until 1905 did physics adopt the electron and the photoelectric explanation of matter. Until then all theores were based on revisions of Gilberts Magnetic philosophy, although Franklin pushed hard to promote his single fluid notion.

JJThompon did not accept the name electron, nor the planetary atomic model but rather what was called derisive,y a sticky pudding model or corpuscular model of his findings.

Thus Ed draws on a long established fluid or aether like explanation of magnetism and its derivative electricity.

The ruling paradigm is better observed by the plasma physicists who however wrongly accept the electron hypothesis and the planetary atomic model, in my opinion. Even the guild of magnet makers has rescinded its history of Gilbertian philosophy to integrate with the ruling paradigm.

So while Eds explanations appear quaint, they are in fact sound according to the observational research of his day. The rise of induction motors, then a military secret further added to mysterious lifting powers "silently" achieved in my opinion. Ed was able to utilise these types of crude motors in his tripods long before they became a commonplace in every home!

Odyle, aether, plasma they all refer to magnetic behaviou easily observed in relation to crystalline materials whether organic or inorganic in nature..

Light is a material property which is one of the many states of oscillation of the magnetic atmospheres in and around all materials, particularly when highly ordered into crystal like lattices of organic or inorganic materials..

Heat is consequently distinguished by a lower rate of oscillation and indeed propagation with so called magnetic and electric fields being yet another vibrating, rotating state of this etheric or space-like atmosphere.

Ampère never replaced the magnetic philosophy of Gilbert he upgraded it to include rotational forces or vortices that were Dynamic in an electtical circuit so called! Xx
  • edited December 2015
    One time I was taught that heat was an energy that was the mixer. All energies transform into and through heat!

But I was a vulnerable child then

It is magnetism that is fundamental . This is the cosmic energy that transforms into every energy . It is fundamentally a rotation in a fluid medium we call space

• Life is indestructible. Transcending the fractal boundaries of the indivisible universe, it probably exists everywhere in such weird forms that we could not possibly imagine in our wildest dreams.

That's the conclusion that follows inexorably from the principle of scale invariance of the laws of nature

• edited December 2015

Link to your video Barau for those without new google upgrades .

One of the lovely things about these images is the dynamic corpuscular nature of the vortices" we see the form as clouds of condensing vapour which also evaporates . Russellian science preponderant es the cone vortex , but the spherical vortex, the elliptical vortex' in short the conic sectional vortices all have their dynamic forms.

For me the fluid dynamic paradigm shift makes these all understandably connected as vortices, with the fractal topology understanding of space or aether structure.

WhenmBenoit Mandelbrot drew all these on the edge lines of research into his now famous workmFractal geometry ( previously published in French ) he ushered in a new respect for the dynamical computation of Nature represented by iteration. But until we could handle masses of data, only the few could visualise these patterns as computational outputs. All of us however can see the repeating patterns in natural objects and spaces, particularly crystal lattice forms!

Fractal topology means the rigid form is not the prototypical outcome of these principles! In fact the living dynamic vortices are. ThevMandelbrot set as an Icon illustrates that forever dynamic caught in an instant, but self stabilising . This " crystal" lattice structure is recognisably organic, where rock crystals are recognisably inorganic. But both come about through the same principles of iterative dynamics xxx
  • Researches on magnetism, electricity, heat, light, crystallization, and chemical attraction, in their relations to the vital force / parts I and II, including the second edition of the first part, corrected and improved

by Reichenbach, Karl, Freiherr von, 1788-1869; Gregory, William, 1803-1858
    Published 1850
    https://archive.org/details/researchesonmag00greggoog
    Very interesting book... thanxs!

• @dante --Karl, Freiherr von, ---- me liky already--- karl is Charles in English---"von" means "from" ----anyhow , it someone noble. I will enjoy the book.
  • @charlie
    I'm curious as to how you first learned of Ed?
    Understanding ones nature or perspective is important
    I'm trying to keep up with wordplay
  • edited March 2016
    @dante ---I was looking for magnets on the internet some years ago