Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

just a thought.

Hi everyone! First time poster, long time stalker. ABIEH. I'm personally of the belief that Ed is being both cryptic and simple. Reader, if for any reason you do not like what I say in this little book...Why say? Why not " have written"? I believe it is because it is in the " saying". Having learnt many languages, the very first thing i do, is learn the phonetic sounds of an alphabet. We all did this with english, growing up!
Combinations of letter sounds, can make a meaning completely different.
A BOOK IN EVERY HOME. For example:
E: as air
OM: as ohm, resistance.
YH: as wire.
R: as are.
EVE: as heavy or heavier.
IN: as iron or ion or plain old in.
OK: as oak or OOK: as hook.
BO: as bow. Or AB said as up.
AIR RESISTANCE WIRE ARE HEAVY IN HOOK UP?
Is his quarrying tool an oak bow?
Could an iron bow, refer to a bow collector on a tram, which looks remarkably like the pmh?
Some things to ponder?!?
Looking forward to your thoughts.

Comments

• It's also remarkable that boys and girls could be said as.... bow wires and gearless??
  • Quite simply, you are correct.
    You're thinking exactly the way ed was thinking.
    Not only is this stated and exploited in edward marlinski's book, but I've been using it as well as friends of mine.
    And you are right also about "what I say in this little book..." as ed later will correct himself in MC with the opening line; "This writing is...". Evidently ed knew the difference in what he was saying. He was too smart to not see the little things.
    EDM does exactly what you state above when he reads "this writing is..." as 'thin machine that sings'
    He also makes mention of oral tradition, which in any oral traditions, is the basis of etymology.
    He makes brilliant use of it in every aspect of his coding. Phonetically is the only way to follow the enigma machine gibberish, it uses more than just the learned half of our mind which only sees the learned spelling. It's an interesting trick to help pick out those who see and hear more.
    Not many people comment on it, so its nice to see a talk about it.
    Heres just a few from the enigma that I can throw off of my head.
    MQ = make
    EZ = easy
    YZ = wise
    EY = eye
    C = see
    F = if
    Y = why
    Theres lots more, ed uses it frequently.
  • After commenting on the subject "Optics", I felt the need to elaborate more... as this subject of phonetics ties into the the subject of optics so well. Basically, the oral and phonetic sounds and writing of a word is in how you perceive it. This goes hand in hand with ed's pictures, as our eyes are complicated, and we perceive things in different ways, depending on the light, and of course because our eyes are designed to pick up black and white, along with wavelengths of color, with different parts. Ed exploited this basic yet complicated human sight, the same he exploited the simple yet basic human speech and hearing. The bible says repeatedly, let him who has an ear, hear, and him who has eyes, see. You have to experience ed to fully understand him. It's not enough to be smart, learning is great, but with ed you have to observe, and perceive. Before book schooling, we learned by observing and hearing. Before we wrote, we learned in different ways, we retained poems upon hearing them twice. Now we have 'googleitis' in which we don't retain information, we just retain the websites we need to search to find the information. This has just replace 'bookitis' or 'encyclopediaitis' of my parents time, in which they didn't retain as much information because they could find a lot of it in books if they really needed it.
    Anyway, I think it's important to talk about how ed exploited how the mind and body work, in order to hide information and code what he wanted.
    A perfect example is how he exploits the 'rule of three'. The human mind is apt at identifying 3's of anything. Lewis Carroll said, paraphrasing 'If I say it three times, it is truth.'
    The same goes for code breaking and in ed's case it should be followed as an identifying mark.
    If someone notices one thing, that stands out to them, it's speculation and theory. And our eyes tend to overlook single things.
    When 2 things are together, we call it coincidence and pareidolia. Although you can build on these things, people will still tend to miss it, and our eyes might see 2 things better, but again, we have an ability to overlook it still.
    But 3 is the magic number. Our eyes dont tend to miss things in 3's, and when you have 3 or more examples of a code, or a message, it tends to lend more believability to what you are observing.
    When understanding that ed was a polymath, we have to understand that although ed claimed he never studied anatomy, he was also an avid liar. Not the bad kind of deceptive liar, but he fibbed, a lot. And he had more than a basic understanding of how, at his time, we learned and perceived things. Also how we retained and expressed this information.
    He took advantage of different meanings of sounds and words, letters and numbers. We use so many letters in mathematics, just the word 'eyes', when used properly, could yield the phrase 'e, yes'. e being the natural logarithm, which is basically one of the most important numbers concerning everything, next to pi.
    wise
    w is e
    w 153

MAGNETIC
    MAGNET I C
    MAG NET I C
    GAM TEN I C
    AM G NET I C

CURRENT
    CUPRENT
    C UP RENT
    It's everywhere in ed's work, I could elaborate on this stuff for hours.
  • edited August 2015
    So this "To those more than fifteen thousand"
    Could read " to do modern lifting you