Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

At work

Anyone figure out what this is?

Comments

• It sort of resemble the symbol for gamma and the cancer constellation
  • A good Connection, here are two other references
    Chinese Cross
    Pythagorean Y
  • That is Eds thingamajig. You can see that here is a hole at the bottom of the thingamajig so here is a question, what went in the hole? Also another question is what is at work here?
  • Not 'what is at work', but rather, it says 'why ed at work'. Or another possibility is that ed would have been thinking in the first person and asking us 'why I at work'.
    So why does it say, 'Why I at work'? Or does it say 'Why 9 at work'? 9 being the 9th letter, which you can check if you want on both hands. Watch out though because it might just say 'Y I at work' and this will require you to take your shoes off to count up to 25, which is Y, the 25th letter of the alphabet, and grab a friend as well... because you don't have that many fingers or toes, unless you count each finger as 5, but I wont mention that because that's multiplication and considering you actually wrote 'thingamajig', I don't think you can handle that math, so get a friend.
    Get a bunch actually, because if it says 'Y I at work' and you convert both the Y and the I to numbers you have 259.
    "259 at work"
    You might ask, 'why I care about 259?' and I would respond, "Because 259 is the product of 7 and 37." Or rather 7 x 37.
    Now you probably are furring your brow, and I lost your interest, and I'm fine with that. If you're gonna insult the code breakers cause you don't understand, and don't want to attempt to understand, than please go back to your toys...
    Try folding that 8 times, and please, show some respect, if not for us, than show some for ed. This is his place you know.
    For the serious folks, 7 and 37 are both prime numbers, and both have interesting qualities about them. I suggest you compare it to what sengA wrote about 37 and 7. You'll find he goes on and on about them. Just google their properties, and they will astound you.
    But none of that is what is really interesting about this picture.
    The "Y I" is what is really interesting.
    But Mathematically, you would look at them as 'y', or possibly an upside down 'lambda', and an 'i'.
    Now that's the meat and potatoes of what this math genius was getting to.
    y represents a derivative in calculus, which is how we measure change of a quantity in relation to another quantity. Calculus and physics go hand in hand with that integral symbol I keep mentioning is on ed's door, carved by the saturn stone, on his compass...
    i represents an imaginary unit or an imaginary number, which again goes hand in hand with the calculus. You can check out the interesting relationship between y and i, if you take some time to read about it on your own, you may find out more about the math than I can understand right now.
    Though, considering this site is 'Magnetic universe' let's consider that 'i' is universally 'current' in electrical math. V=IR of course is ohms law.
    So why is ed asking 'Why current at work?' Oh, and I answered your question, if you're still here. Current is at work. Or is he pointing out some other interesting math concerning the quantitative change in current using calculus and imaginary numbers down to an infinitesimally small scale, or an infinitely large one?
    Maybe I'm just overthinking it...
  • edited July 2015
    @poughkeepsieblue Wow, That is very amazing and impressive! :) Your certainly are on to something here and I am serious about this. I know I've been sarcastic about this stuff along with myself lately but you made me remember when I was in my college algebra class about a math paper I did off of what I learned in that class. Now I did this math paper about eight years ago and I thought it was super interesting but at the time it had nothing to do with Ed work. It was a pure love of numbers that held my interest in it and made me see this wonderful math like it is. Now I forgot what the math work is called but I think it is called a quadratic equation (correct me if I'm wrong when you see it).

Now before I say anything more about the math paper. I love the number 5 along with the number 25 and I know some advance algebraic mathematics on it that will open a infinitum of clues. Lucky for you I still have this work of mine and I thought I was on to something with it, I had no idea what but in my heart I just knew that it would be important for me and now I want to share it with you.

If anything I'm overthinking it with this but once you see my math work about this you are going to think that your not thinking enough about it. Keep on doing what your doing. Already the first set of numbers that is in a pattern of repeating which is 1 and 6 or 16 is already establish firmly in EDs book. To me this is getting spooky. I've already started a google spread sheet of my math work that you will be able to look at this yourself and once you see what I've been seeing there is no going back we will be in new territory with Ed book.

Another thing is I've always wonder how to put this math at work. I hope you like it as much as I do. Here is that link to that google doc. Now to bad the numbers stops at 20 on the google spreadsheet but I myself have work up to the number 30 by hand and on paper but that was long ago. I hope you enjoy it and see the infinitum of number patterns that unfold out 1 and 6 is the first set to give you an idea what to look for. :D

July 10 Edit: I recently found a large number calculator and enter number for 21 to 25 on the spread sheet. Now I can enter more numbers in.
  • Or, it could simply be Ed's pry-tool, to pop out the blocks.

Think about this: Bruce Lee said "Before I studied the art, a punch to me was just like a punch, a kick just like a kick. After I learned the art, a punch was no longer a punch, a kick no longer a kick. Now that I've understood the art, a punch is just like a punch, a kick just like a kick. The height of cultivation is really nothing special. It is merely simplicity; the ability to express the utmost with the minimum."

Keep in mind, this is a philosophy, it applies to many things outside of martial arts. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, it was originally a Zen Buddhist quote rewritten by Bruce; the original used other words in place of punch and kick.

• @Flem Its certainly a tool alright, I think it could be what Ed used to help pull some of the blocks around on the ground. Look at the size of him then look at the size of that. If you look closely you can see a some chain hanging from the long drum. Which make me think of the wench, also look at the size and shape of the wood here that is certainly a strong piece of wood there.
  • @boxerlego I ran into a lengthy description of it many years ago, sadly on another internet device, so I have no idea how to find it again. I believe the piece on top and pointing left is an old leaf spring from an auto that he pounded under the blocks. That makes sense, at least when considering the apparent marks on coral castle outer walls.

Anyway, that article had located and showed similar such devices used earlier in history.

I think it is so large to affect leverage. I've wondered for a long time about that hole down near Ed's feet. Assuming the tool is stood up opposite of how it is in the pic, the hole side would be pulled for leverage. If so, I wonder what was used in that hole?

I'd also like to know what happened to this tool. It's definitely not there on display today.