Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

flat earth

In ed's book magnetic current, he states his compass didn't point north. Then he states it can only do that if the north pole and south pole was 260 miles west from same meridian north pole is on. This would mean the flat earth model is correct.

Comments

• No, No, no, who let this get posted in general science?
    I believe in some batshitcrazy stuff, but I draw a line.
    Page 5 of Magnetic Current by Ed Leedskalnin, paragraph 3, last sentence.
    "In earth's South hemisphere the North Pole end of magnet should be stronger."
    note the word 'hemisphere'
    definition of 'hemisphere'
    noun
    -a half of a sphere.
    -a half of the earth, usually as divided into northern and southern halves by the equator, or into western and eastern halves by an imaginary line passing through the poles.
    -a half of the celestial sphere.
    note the word sphere
    You must have ran over that part and jumped right for the last paragraph of page 5. So many words, they sure can get confusing, so I understand.
  • edited April 2016

So many words, they sure can get confusing, so I understand.

Especially, if you don't have stereoscopic vision ;)
    Gpringle, Ed seems to be more alluding to grid-line theory here when he mentions that all of his magnets must be guided by the individual magnets that are passing by. He was confounded by the fact that none of his magnets pointed to either N pole and this is what he figured it to be.

I guess it does get people thinking outside the rectangular cuboid.

• I know Leviticus is boring... but please, get past it, there's so much more you can cling cockamamie theories to, I promise.
    "ugh, is the whole rest of this big book gonna be like this? I quit..."
  • edited April 2016
    poughkeepsieblue ...... "ugh, is the whole rest of this big book gonna be like this? I quit..."

... and that is okay , You can always come back ---- that's what I do o:)

No names 'jest point and whistle at the idiotas

American version

• When Gardner wakes up he ain't going to like all this hoopla, so I moved to an appropriate location.
  • edited April 2016
    ok ... who is hoopla.?......
  • Why yes, yes it is
  • When Gardner wakes up he ain't going to like all this hoopla, so I moved to an appropriate location.

Good morning....
    How could the Earth be flat?

Thanx for closing it.
This discussion has been closed.