Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Generator In Ed's Workshop

2»

Comments

• edited March 2014
    @TecuhsehHolmes

Hello Teck, and welcome to the forum. Are you referring to his hat in the pic above? I do believe that it is still on display in the Castle Museum shop. I seem to recall it being a hard shell type safari hat with some ventilation ports. I think I have a pic of this 'helmet' somewhere and will try to dig it up.

You hit the nail on the head regarding Ed's deliberate and staged control over what people were allowed to see...

I would recommend doing as many of the 50+ plus experiments in his writings as feasible for a well deserved hillbilly Phd in magnetism. The tetrahedron at the top of the page will take you to his writings.
  • It is his hat! I only saw the brim the first time I looked, and as such feel a tad foolish. I clearly need to sharpen my observation skills. Thanks for the welcome, this journey is going to be marvelous. I'll start on his experiments Sunday.
  • @TecumsehHolmes

It is no ordinary hat and if it made it in the photo, we know there has to be a reason. :)
  • I mention on the main site that this generater is not even remotely close to the generator he describes as his most efficient machine, and those magnets are weak even at their peak. It's all about the timing with both generators, and incorporating a hand crank would really help in finding a particular sweet spot.

His best machine looked more like this:

• edited March 2014
    Ed's notes on AC, DC, Transformers, the PMH, his Best Machine, and more.

Both North and South Pole individual magnet currents which came out of the car battery and went in the transformer were direct currents. but the light in the bulb was caused by alternating currents. (Have in mind that always there are two currents, one current alone cannot run. To run they have to run one against the other.) You transformed currents in kind. Now I will tell you how to transform currents in strength. To make higher voltage you wind the coil with smaller wire and more turns and to have less voltage wind the coil with bigger wire and less turns. The difference now is that this transformer makes alternating currents from direct currents and the power line transformers use alternating currents to make alternating currents in this transformer, the iron prong ends remain the same magnet pole, but in power line transformers the magnet poles alternate. In power line transformers the currents only are in motion and in this transformer the currents are in motion and you are, too.

Now about the generator. In the first place all currents are alternating. To get direct currents we have to use a commutator. Transformers and generators of any description are making the currents in the same way by filling the coil's iron core with magnets and letting the iron core push them out and into the coil. Connect the battery with the electric magnet. it will be a field magnet now. Put the three-inch coil between the iron prongs. and take it out, do it fast. repeat it, then you will have a steady light in the light bulb. Now you and the field magnet are a generator. Suppose you had a wheel and many coils around the wheel turning, then you would. be making all kinds of light. Do not make the machine, I already have the application for patent in the Patent Office. I made ten different machines to make magnetic currents, but I found this combination between field magnets and coils the most efficient. Put the coil in slowly and take it out slowly, then you will have no light. That will show, to make magnetic currents, the time is important.

Put the six-inch long square rod on top of the two iron prongs, fit good so it lies even. Connect the battery with electric magnet for a little while, now disconnect the battery, connect the light bulb with the electric magnet the same way it was connected with the battery, now pull off the six-inch long bar, do it quickly, then you will see light in the bulb, connect the battery up again with the electric magnet, put the bar across the iron prongs, hold awhile, disconnect the battery. Now the electric magnet holds perpetual motion. If not disturbed it will last indefinitely. I held it in this position for six months, and when I pulled off the six-inch bar I got just as much light out of it as I got in the first time. This experiment shows that if you start the North and South Pole individual magnets in an orbit, then they will never stop. The hanging magnets that hang up and down, they show that there is motion inside the bar. Hold the perpetual motion holder North Pole magnet or pole end East and South Pole magnet terminal or pole end West, now raise it up slowly to the South Pole hanging magnet, then you will see the South Pole hanging magnet swinging South. Now put the perpetual motion holder under the North Pole hanging magnet, raise up slowly, then you will see the North Pole hanging magnet swinging North. This experiment shows without any doubt that the North and South Pole individual magnets are running in the same direction as those in the copper wire, which came out of the car battery, and in both instances while the magnets are running ahead in whirling motion they used the right-hand twist.

• "I already have the application for patent in the Patent Office". is that true? Then this patent application must be available somewhere and could possibly reveal some more details...
This discussion has been closed.