I am currently in the process of following the instructions in "Magnetic Current". Before I can begin I need to source out the materials required
- A permanent magnet bar four inches long, other measurements not important. (Alnico preferred)
- U shape permanent magnet that is strong enough to lift from ten to twenty pounds of mild steel. It should have 3" gap between its prongs.
- An Alnico magnet about three inches long, two and one-half inches wide, one-inch thick. Hole in the middle and poles in each end, ... (this is a tad confusing, it's a block, with a hole in the middle, right?)
- 1/8" x 36" Steel Welding Rod (having trouble finding it as small as 1/8")
- Steel Fishing line (I was thinking guitar string, as I can only find Stainless Steel fishing line)
So far I have found none of these. I have sent out requests to 4 different magnet suppliers I found online, hopefully they can help.
If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great. Also I plan on documenting everything I do and posting it online, I will link to where you can find it from here once I get the supplies!